Anyone visiting the US will have trouble choosing which places to visit and what to let out. The best scenario would be if you had enough time and explore at least the top attractions. To help you with that choice, we made a list of the 30 best places in America, so you can at least have a starting point for your itinerary.
If you are coming from Australia or New Zealand, you will need esta australia to enter the US. From 2009, Visa Waiver programs have an easy way to get necessary documents to get in America. ESTA application is an online procedure with a list of detailed questions. American administration takes around three days to process the application. You can explore the country for 90 days with an ESTA permit. Enough time to see plenty of US attractions, so let us see the most notable ones.
This is must-see
- New York City is a global metropolis with an incredible skyline, attractions like the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, and many others that include museums, parks, restaurants, venues, and non-stop world-class shows concerts.
- Los Angeles is on the opposite side of the country. The Entertainment center of the world offers miles of beaches, Hollywood glamour, high-end shopping, and numerous other things to do in always sunny California.
- “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” Las Vegas is a great party town in the Nevada desert with countless casinos, amusement parks, and shows.
- Chicago is a huge Midwestern city, a home of skyscrapers. Chicago is an unavoidable place to visit between architecture, impressive skyline and world-class museums, deep-dish pizza, and other top-rated cuisines.
- Huge South Beach, great hotels, and art deco buildings make Miami a tourist hot spot. You can also find incredible, eclectic cuisine and vibrant nightlife.
- New Orleans is another party town, especially during Mardi Gras. Still, it is also one of the famous music epicenters with live music on every corner, great bars, and a center for Cajun and Creole cuisine.
- Alaska is detached from the contiguous US, and it is the largest state with wilderness, an abundance of wildlife, incredible fjords and glaciers, whales, grizzlies.
- Disney World in Florida is a dream come true for kids and older that feel young. Visit the World of Avatar, Toy Story Land, or Magic Kingdom. Wonderful world from Disney classics blends with reality in this amusement park.
- Hawaii is a tropical paradise. The island community has countless beaches for swimming, surfing, snorkeling, tropical vegetation, and inland national parks.
- Washington D.D. is the center of political power, but it is also a great city for museums and learning more about US history
The unique USA
- The Grand Canyon is a unique natural landmark, probably on the top of the list for all visitors.
- Visit Mount Rushmore in South Dakota’s the Black Hills and see huge carvings of American presidents in the rock. There are plenty of authentic Wild West towns like Rapid City and Deadwood to explore.
- Yellowstone is the world’s first national park. A huge area offers a diverse landscape, geothermal wonders, and an abundance of wildlife.
- Yosemite is known for stunning views from Tunnel View Outlook. Incredible waterfalls, giant sequoias, and unique rock formations are top attractions.
- Arches National Park in Utah has a different landscape with uniquely shaped sandstone rocks. More than 2,000 arches cover this surreal area.
- With Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Silicon Valley vibe, San Francisco is a west coast tourist hotspot.
- Bryce Canyon National Park is an extraordinary landscape with hoodoos and quirky shaped pillars of rock.
- Sequoia National Park is home to the tallest trees and one of the oldest in the world.
- Death Valley is an arid desert place with the lowest point at 86 meters below sea level. It is one of the hottest spots on the Earth and part of Death Valley national park with sand dunes, high mountains, and a diverse landscape.
- Charleston is a city that has well-preserved antebellum architecture, numerous historic plantations. It is also a place with southern charm, creative restaurants, and excellent craft breweries.
- Route 66 is a historic road that starts in Chicago and ends in Santa Monica, California. The Mother Road is the ultimate road trip for experiencing true America.
- Nashville is one of the music cities in the south. It is America’s country capital, but except for the country music Hall of Fame, you can hear blues, rockabilly, and honky-tonk live performances.
- Walk down Beale Street in Memphis, Tennessee, and browse authentic bar with world-class blues live shows.
- Visit the most famous historical place in San Antonio. Alamo is an 18th-century mission where Texans fought with the Mexican army and died heroically.
- Savannah, Georgia, has one of the best-preserved historic districts with steamboat cruises, moss-covered oak trees, and antebellum homes. You can get the sense of the Deep South in this beautiful town.
- Lake Tahoe on California and Nevada’s border is a truly American experience with casinos, golf courses, a beautiful coastline, plenty of hiking trails, and lake cruises.
- Visit the Amish Country in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, try their organic and craft products, and experience their culture firsthand.
- Suppose you want a ski resort experience in America, the best place in Aspen, Colorado. Besides the excellent ski area, Aspen has world-class hotels, spas, and shops.
- For exceptions, wines head to Napa Valley in California. You can go on wine tasting tours and buy world-class wine from over 100 quality wineries.
- If you like a landscape from western movies, visit Sedona and Red Rock region. You can go on numerous trails and experience stunning rock formations firsthand.
Before making the final itinerary and reservations, make sure you have travel authorization. If you get your esta denied, you could still apply for a classic Visa, but that is a much longer and complicated process.
Visiting the US is challenging because it is hard to choose which destination, you will include on your trip itinerary. There is so much to see and experience in America, and whatever you choose, you will probably be satisfied.