We all know how important it is to have clear and concise documents in today’s world. It doesn’t matter if you’re a student, a professional, or just someone who likes to keep their life organized by keeping their finances in order: having a clean, easy-to-read document can be the difference between success and failure.
But what if you have an important document that needs to be shared with others? How do you make sure they can read it? Or are they even able to open it at all? There are many different ways of creating PDFs nowadays, but knowing which ones will be best for your needs is difficult. In this article, I’ll show you how easy it is to create better PDFs for your audience.
Tip 1: Rotate PDF Pages
If you’ve ever viewed a PDF in full-screen mode, you might have realized that it doesn’t fit the screen. The page is either too big or too small for your computer’s display, making viewing the file difficult and frustrating.
Fortunately, there’s a way around this problem: You can rotate your documents so that they’re easier to view on your computer. To do so:
- Open your PDF and click View > Page Display > Rotate Right 90º (or Rotate Left 90º). This will help ensure that when people share their documents with others online, they’ll be able to view each page clearly and easily.
- Alternatively, you can use a free online tool like PDFSimpli when you want a more reliable solution to how to rotate PDF and save.
Tip 2: Split PDF Files
To divide your large file, a free online tool like PDFSimpli will come in handy.
Use the online tool to split the file into multiple files at once or enter individual page numbers where each part should begin and end. Once you have done this, download all of these smaller files as separate documents and save as PDF in their own folders on your computer or device.
Tip 3: Combine PDF Files into a Single Document
If you’re dealing with more than one PDF file, the next step is combining them into a single document. There are three ways to do this:
- Use the command line. The command line is available in most operating systems and can be used to automate tasks or create batch processes. You can use it to combine PDF documents from the command line by using the cat program—a Unix program that concatenates files together.
- Use a GUI tool. You might already have an application installed on your computer that allows for combining multiple files into one (such as Word).
- You can also use many free apps like PDFSimpli available online that will allow you to easily combine all of your selected documents into one new workbook format without much fuss.
Tip 4: Customize PDF File Names When Saving
When you save a PDF file, it’s important to use a unique name that makes it easy to find and share. Here are some tips for saving your document with a memorable file name:
- Use numbers or letters only, no spaces or special characters
- Use short descriptive words separated by hyphens (for example, “my-new-pdf” instead of “my new pdf”)
PDF files are still a staple of many businesses and homes, but they aren’t always easy to work with. They can be large, difficult to manipulate, and even harder to find what you’re looking for within them. Hopefully, these tips will help make your PDFs easier for everyone involved.