Jackets. They are the winter essentials but we just don’t want to hide our outfits under bland, monochrome layers of fabric. The teeny-tiny problem with women’s jackets is that women have a love-hate relationship with them.
There are so many unanswered questions when you choose a jacket for a woman’s wardrobe. What color do they have to be? Will they end up hanging in my closet? What are some of the fashionable ways I can pull them off? Are some of the jackets I own old-fashioned? Nothing is too sure.
With expert guidance, you can be motivated to shop for jackets for women without worry. From the panache of the trench coats to a sophisticated tailored blazer jacket, you can have all the best ones if you know where to look.
Reasons Why You Need a Jacket
Not just a jacket. You might need more than one to stand out. Whatever the purpose, they share many common traits which will indulge you into buying. Some of the reasons the wardrobe of a lady should have some good jackets are:
- Protective Layering: No one can deny the practical use of a jacket. If your mom yelled at you for wearing your jacket when you were a kid, now you must know it was for your good. Jackets protect us from shivering cold, acting as shields to protect us from the direct effect of cold.
- Visually Interesting: Everything about fashion is increasing the interest in the outfit. You pair a plain white cotton shirt with dark denim or black heels because you know that the latter adds to the beauty of the former. With jackets, it is the same thing. You need to choose jackets to bring out the vibrancy of your dress. Stay away from those which make you appear slobbish.
- Royal Look: You’ve never been to London? No worries. You can just go out with a beautiful beige trench coat and feel yourself turn into a Brit. Or a member of the royal family, like Kate Middleton. The choice is yours.
- Timeless: No matter the fashion trends, jackets are here to stay. You can be wearing them even in your sixties, and you can still look amazing. So, whatever jacket you choose, it is going to make you look hip and classy, no matter how young or old you are. You just need to color coordinate accordingly, and you will be fine.
- Cool Girl Vibes: Leather jackets and oversized bomber jackets are all the rage these days, so if you’re a teenager, you might not want to miss out on these hip items. Leather jackets can give you that perfect daring, cool chic vibe. Customizing some of them can even make them decent enough to pull off in a semi-formal setting. If you are a fan of Billie Eilish, oversized jackets can be right up your alley.
A good jacket — well-built and suits your stature — is an accessory rather than an item of clothing. In some cases, we have seen Hollywood A-listers wearing them in spring and summer. In a formal setting, a blazer jacket can make a powerful statement about the way you carry yourself. Any casual jacket (crop-top jackets, fur coats, linen jackets, etc.) make you look edgy and trendy, putting to rest the misconception that jackets create illusions rather than emphasizing your style.