Our immediate living environment is obviously important for our health & well-being, as we spend more time at home than anywhere else and with the current air pollution problems coupled with modern living, we do need to ensure that our living space is healthy.
Here are a few tips to make your home a healthier place for you and your family.
- Air Quality – One aspect of air quality could be affected by the chemicals in house cleaning products and if you want to eliminate the risk of toxic contaminants, use household cleaning products that contain natural ingredients. Search online for a supplier of eco-friendly cleaning products and you can order a selection of green products to use when cleaning your house. You can buy air purifiers and humidifiers that replace the moisture that central heating removes, which many families are happy using.
- Plant Extracts – Check out the wellness products that Greenbox Botanicals has to offer, which includes CBD oil and other essential natural oils; the supplier has a wealth of information on their website and with some trial and error, you can find products that help with focus and energy, help you to relax and to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Indoor Plants – Having a few plants around the home is a great way to improve the air quality (plants create oxygen), plus having nature close by creates a soothing ambience. It is therapeutic to care for house plants, which is one reason people like to bring nature into the home and there are so many species, each with its own unique charm. A few well-placed plants can transform a room and that will elevate your mood. Here is an interesting article on how lack of sleep can affect your health.
- Annual Spring Clean – It is the dirt and grime that we cannot see that is the biggest risk to your health and carpets should be deep cleaned every 6 months, along with furniture upholstery, curtains or blinds. Now is the perfect time to pick a Bank Holiday weekend and gather the family for an organised deep cleaning and by renting a small skip, you won’t have to worry about the unwanted stuff you encounter during the clean. Click here for a government link about health & well-being, which we all should read.
- Essential Oils – Many traditional doctors prefer to use natural things like essential oils, rather than prescribe medication and if you order a mixed selection of essential oils from the online supplier, your journey of exploration can begin. Read the wealth of information that you can find on the Internet to gain a deeper understanding of essential oils and the benefits they bring.
We spend a lot of time at home and by taking the trouble to create the right ambience, you are promoting good health and well-being for you and your family. Avoid using products that contain chemicals; cleaning products, personal products and even the materials in the home can all contain toxins that can pollute the atmosphere.