Crypto investments are picking pace. Everyone wants to be a part of this domain because of the promising and rewarding return on investment. However, there are several myths and apprehension surrounding the same. Lack of control and regulation is one of them. Another word that comes to everyone’s mind with the name of crypto revolution is ‘volatility’. It is a mountainous task for the investors. From the very beginning, bitcoin created its market in the economy of the world. Today, it is the main attraction of almost all retail and institutional investors. Though, the predicts and analysts continued to caution everyone about the nature of bitcoin,which is volatility and unpredictability.
So, if you are going to take a step into the bitcoin market, you must be aware of the market’s nature, pros and cons, and future. In this article, we will discuss in detail the affordability, benefits, risks, and profitability associated with bitcoin investment.
Affordability:Bitcoin investment is risky. The value of bitcoin goes up and down continuously. So, the market is highly volatile. And, it is unpredictable also. Despite this apprehension, people are willing to invest in cryptos. So, if too are keen to be a part of this system, you must contemplate your investment options. Do you clear about the technology behind it and its market strategy? Do you have a risk appetite if something negative happens? Once, you get all your answers positive, then only start investing.
If you rush, you may lose: Bitcoin investment is like gambling. You can invest more. So, it is important to start with a small amount of money. Take little steps like this.
You might lose all your savings: You may hear about many investors investing a good amount of money and making a profit. You always have the chance to experience it.
Now, keeping these things in mind, let’s know the advantages and the disadvantages of bitcoin investment.
Advantages of bitcoin investment:
- Decentralization: The bitcoin system is decentralized. It means no government, no authority, bank, or company can regulate it. Government can also not determine the value of bitcoin. They cannot freeze it or seize it anyway.
- Secured cryptocurrency: Bitcoin is completely digital. It is encrypted by cryptography which makes it hard to be hacked.A bitcointransaction is powered by blockchain technology. So, if some fraudulent activity happens on one block of the blockchain,the other blocks get notified in no time, and all data remains secure.Also, when you own a bitcoin, it remains safe in your bitcoin wallet with two special keys- a public key and a private key. Moreover, bitcoin transaction does not need any identity disclosure.
- Fastand economical transactions: Bitcoin transactions are much faster than any other currency transactions,whether intra-national or international transactions. Transaction cost is almost negligible, or no cost is required. One can make bitcoin payments from anywhere, anytime.
Disadvantages of bitcoin investment:
- Market volatility: This is the main risk associated with bitcoin investment. As we all know, the bitcoin market is extremely volatile. Continuous rise and fall happen. Many investors take it positively as a short-term investment. But, other investors consider it a dangerous game. If you are going to invest in bitcoin, make sure that you invest when the price is low. Investors often advise long-term investment to make a good profit. So, it is good to hold your money for a long time and examine the market economy.
- Regulatory factor: Bitcoin is not regulated by the government. But, it is spread worldwide. Different countries have their own rules and regulations. So, many experts think that a lack of a centralized authority can lead to fraud and scams. Investigators reported that around $10 million in cryptocurrencies are being stolen by hackers and scammers every day.
After knowing all these factors, you also should know about the investment policies and the investment platforms around the market. A mane platform can lead you to the wrong investment, and you can be bankrupt. Instead, you can go to some reliable platforms like the Bitcoin Erawhere you can study the market and make your choosable investment.