Droopy eyelids can be an embarrassing condition, but there is hope! Blepharoplasty is more common than you think; a surgical procedure that lifts and tightens the eyelid.
Below, we outline the causes of droopy eyelids and how blepharoplasty can be a solution.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is a type of cosmetic surgery that improves the appearance of the upper eyelids. It can correct droopy eyelids, bags under the eyes, and sagging skin around the eyes.
Blepharoplasty can also be used to correct asymmetry between the eyes. If one eye has more loose skin than another, this procedure can help fix it, so they look more even.
The blepharoplasty procedure involves removing excess fat and skin from the upper eyelids. It is usually done under local anesthesia so that you won’t feel any pain during the surgery.
The entire procedure takes about 1 hour to complete, and it is performed in a hospital or surgical center by a board-certified plastic surgeon.
The doctor will start by making an incision just below where each brow begins.
Then he’ll make another incision along the outer corner of your eye (usually along the tear duct) to insert an instrument called forceps into your upper eyelid crease to scoop out any excess skin and fat that’s causing you to have droopy eyelids.
Once this area has been cleaned up, he’ll use stitches or sutures to close both incisions so they heal properly without causing any scarring on your face!
When you undergo a blepharoplasty procedure, you may experience some side effects. Some of these side effects are more common than others, and some can be treated effectively by a doctor.
- Bleeding: This is the most common complication of the Procedure and occurs when blood vessels are cut during surgery.
The area around your eye will appear red, but this will fade within a few days after surgery. In rare cases, bleeding can cause permanent vision loss if not treated immediately with medication or other treatment methods.
- Bruising: You may also see swelling or bruising around your eyes after this procedure is done. Bruising usually disappears on its own within 2 weeks.
- Infection: An infection could occur if germs get into cuts made during surgery.
- Scars: Scars form when tissues regenerate scar tissue instead of normal skin after an injury.
- Swelling: Swelling in areas where incisions were made can cause discomfort for up to 5 days after surgery.
- Dry eyes: Keratitis sicca
- Eyelid changes: Eyelid position changes
- Improved Appearance: When you have droopy eyelids, your face can appear tired and older than it is. Blepharoplasty surgery can reduce the size of your eyelids and make them appear more youthful and alert.
- Reduced Bags and Dark Circles Under the Eyes: If you have bags or dark circles under your lower lids, blepharoplasty can minimize or remove them entirely while also reducing puffiness around the eyes and crow’s feet around each corner of the eyes.
- Improved Vision: Improved vision by making room for glasses or contact lenses to sit comfortably on your nose bridge rather than pushing up against a drooping lid because there isn’t enough space! It means less irritation when wearing glasses or contacts all day long!
- Improved Self-Confidence: Now, you can look in the mirror without being constantly reminded of how bad things looked before surgery!
You’ll see an improvement in how good we feel about ourselves when we see our reflections each morning after waking up, knowing that there’s no longer any excuse not to go out tonight without feeling like someone looks better than yourself.
Siddharth Prakash: One of the Best Plastic Surgeons in India (How He Can Help!)
Dr. Siddharth Prakash is one of the best plastic surgeons in India. He has a good reputation and has treated many patients with droopy eyelids. If you have problems with your eyelids, such as:
- Drooping or puffy eyelids
- Dark shading under eyes due to excess skin around it
- Bags under eyes due to fat deposits or loose skin
He is the person you should take seriously!
Fortunately, blepharoplasty is a simple procedure performed by a skilled plastic surgeon that can relieve droopy eyelids and give you the appearance of younger, fresher eyes.
From its benefits to its process and recovery time, we have covered it all above. If you opt to get Blepharoplasty surgery and look for the best plastic surgeon in Mumbai, India, Dr. Siddharth Prakash can help!