Brittle diabetes is also referred to as labile diabetes or unstable diabetes. This means that the blood sugar level fluctuates frequently and is severe, where one feels sweaty, jittery, and heart rate increases.
This problem is rare and can happen to those people who are suffering from Type 1 diabetes. If you are suffering from this problem, you can use ayurvedic medicine for diabetes to have a better life.
What is brittle diabetes?
Brittle diabetes is a severe kind of diabetes, and this can cause several unpredictable changes in your blood sugar levels. These blood sugar swings can be very difficult to manage properly and sometimes can affect your everyday life. These swings can also result in frequent episodes of high blood sugar and low blood sugar.
The proper treatment and following a healthy lifestyle can be helpful for many people with diabetes. However, those who have brittle diabetes may have frequent health issues in managing the disease that can:
- Cause excessive anxiety and depression.
- Affect the ability to live a healthy and normal life.
- Resulting in hospitalization or may lead to death.
Risk factors and causes of brittle diabetes
Though brittle diabetes has several risk factors, the biggest of them is, no doubt, having Type 1 diabetes. Brittle diabetes is a rare health issue for those who have Type 2 diabetes.
Some medical experts refer to this as a complication of diabetes whereas; others refer to it as a subtype of type 1 diabetes. So, the causes and risk factors of having brittle diabetes can be:
- If you have eating disorders
- If you are a female
- If you are overweight
- If you are addicted to alcohol or drugs
- If you are in your 20s and 30s
- If you are suffering from depression
- If you have hormonal imbalances like hypothyroidism and adrenal insufficiency
- Problems in your body while absorbing nutrients from food or insulin
- Having anxiety, stress, or other types of psychological issues may result in the body’s resistance to insulin
What are the symptoms of brittle diabetes?
The symptoms that are frequent for high or low blood sugar can also be the common symptoms of having brittle diabetes. People who are suffering from Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes may also have those symptoms as well.
However, with the health issue known as brittle diabetes, these symptoms can change often. So, the symptoms of brittle diabetes can be:
1. Symptoms of high blood sugar like
- Increased urination and thirst
- Getting dry skin
- Changes in vision such as getting blurry vision
2. Symptoms of low blood sugar levels like
- Weakness and dizziness
- Excess amount of hunger
- Having double vision
- Trouble sleeping
- Severe headaches
- Trembling hands
3. Symptoms of brittle diabetes are
- Fast heart rate
- Pale skin
- Sleeping restlessly, etc.
Prevention of brittle diabetes
The procedure of preventing brittle diabetes usually involves regular monitoring of your blood sugar levels. For this, you need to test your blood sugar very often and take ayurvedic medicine for diabetes on a regular basis, along with a healthy lifestyle.
You can also use CGM or continuous glucose monitoring to place a sensor under your skin. This sensor will alert you when your blood sugar levels change. Hence, you can easily treat your blood sugar issues without any delay.
Therefore, as brittle diabetes is very difficult to manage, you need to monitor your blood sugar levels frequently along with your ayurvedic medicine for diabetes, to have a healthy life.