Microsoft Consulting Services Partners are specialised business providers who have deep expertise in Microsoft products and services, and can help organisations of all sizes get the most out of their Microsoft investments. These can include implementation, integration, customisation, administration, and support for Microsoft solutions and applications.
Unless you already have a dedicated Microsoft services partner on staff, having one can be valuable for your company no matter your organisation’s size, type, or industry you’re operating. They come with extensive knowledge, relevant skill set, and years of experience to help you create a tailor-made road map that marks significant milestones in your specific projects and realize your long-term digital transformation goals.
A wide range of duties are frequently expected from and carried out by Microsoft consultants, which may include:
- Conducting client interviews to understand their needs, goals, and aspirations.
- Researching technology trends, market advancements, and potential business opportunities.
- Managing end-to-end project initiatives, including planning, organisation, and budget oversight.
- Providing guidance on software solutions, hardware, networks, security, and disaster recovery.
- Creating comprehensive development plans with well-defined steps.
- Evaluating existing systems for security, reliability, and potential vulnerabilities.
- Proposing innovative technologies or methods to enhance operational efficiency.
- Compiling findings into reports and presenting them to management.
The question remains: what are the qualifications to look out for so you can get the right person for the job? Here we will discuss the top 6 considerations for choosing the right Microsoft consulting partner for your business needs.
Having a customer-centric approach
The right Microsoft solution partner focuses on putting customers first. They engage, empower, and actively listen to clients. They should be able to identify their genuine needs and prioritise addressing their daily challenges rather than producing generic content. This showcases unwavering commitment to client success.
Creating a distinctive value proposition
With more than 17 million technology partners globally, as highlighted by Satya Nadella in his 2019 Microsoft Inspire Corenote, competition within and among industries is intense. For Microsoft solution partners, the ongoing challenge are to set them apart by providing unparalleled expertise and showcasing their unique capacity to assist customers. Increasing one’s level of expertise is done by investing in materials and resources that will help to better serve one’s target audience. The goal is not only to attract but also retain customers (and keep them happy) on Microsoft’s platform.
Staying aligned with Microsoft products and services
Microsoft consulting services partners need to be aligned with the business of Microsoft in order to achieve mutual benefit. This means staying up-to-date on Microsoft’s products and services, as well as the latest industry trends. Partners should also look for ways to specialise in areas where Microsoft is growing, such as cloud computing or artificial intelligence. By doing so, they can position themselves as the go-to provider for Microsoft solutions. This can lead to increased sales, improved customer satisfaction, and greater profitability.
Always identifying areas for improvement
The right Microsoft partner will have the expertise to conduct a comprehensive assessment of your Microsoft solutions usage such as the following areas:
- Configuration: Review the current configuration of your Microsoft products and services to ensure they are optimised and configured to meet your specific requirements and needs.
- User adoption: Assess the level of user adoption of your Microsoft solutions and determine any areas where users are facing challenges or require additional training.
- Data security: Review the data being used to pinpoint any potential security issues, compliance concerns, or system vulnerabilities.
Showcasing a good portfolio of previously successful projects
When looking for a Microsoft consultant, it is important to find one who has a good track record of success. This means that they should have a portfolio of projects that they have worked on that have been completed successfully. It should include details regarding the size and scope of the projects, the success level, and client feedback.
Offering flexible consultation options
Leading Microsoft consulting services offer flexible contracts and service options to meet the specific business needs of organisations. Whether you need traditional consulting services with set deliverables and timelines, project-based consulting, or managed services, the right Microsoft partner should have a plan fit for your requirements, goals, and budget allocation.
The six attributes outlined in this article are essential for choosing the right Microsoft consulting partner. By carefully considering these qualities, you will be well-positioned to realise the results you want from your digital transformation and cloud journey.