The IT industry is huge and it is emerging at a rapid pace. So, the industry has many career options to offer. Therefore, students that aspire to make a career in the IT field can enrol in any computer science course.
In computer science courses, students accumulate all the various fundamental concepts such as programming, computing, data analysis, software development, and other functions of the computer and its applications.
What is a Computer Science Course?
Computer science courses impart students with a theoretical and practical understanding of the computer, its applications, and the functions of the program.
So, students can take computer science courses for their undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD degrees. Also, students can enrol in diploma and certificate programs in computer science courses from distance education.
Therefore, students in the computer science syllabus learn about concepts such as introduction to computers, introduction to number systems & codes, advanced operating systems, artificial intelligence, and introduction to programming concepts, among various other topics.
Hence, students with any degree, diploma, or certificate in computer science get plenty of lucrative job opportunities as per their qualifications and skills in computer science.
So, students can apply at any UGC-approved university to pursue a computer science course. Also, there are plenty of colleges that offer distance learning courses that students can pursue online.
Eligibility And Duration to Pursue Computer Science Course
The minimum duration of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in computer science is 3 years and 2 years, respectively. And the duration of doctorate courses in computer science takes at least five years. Also, to complete a certificate or diploma takes one year to two years.
Additionally, eligibility parameters to pursue degree courses are as follows:
- To pursue an undergraduate degree in computer science, students have to earn their 10+2 grade from any government-recognized board.
- Similarly, to pursue a postgraduate degree, students have to attain their bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other equivalent degree from any UGC-approved college/institute.
- And lastly, to pursue PhD courses in computer science, students have to obtain a post-graduation degree in computer science with at least 50-55% marks.
Apart from that, students can do various diplomas/certificates or job oriented courses after 12th to pursue other career options.
What Are the Courses in Computer Science?
Students can enrol in computer science courses according to their latest qualifications. Hence, below are outlined some courses in computer science.
Courses that Students can Pursue After 12th
- BA in computer science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in computer science
- B.Sc in computer science
- B.Tech CSE
- B.Sc (Hons) In Computer Science
- B.Tech computer science, etc.
Post Graduation Courses
- M.Sc in Computer Science and Technology
- M.Tech Computer Science Engineer
- MS in Computer Science
- M.Sc Computer Science
- M.Tech Computer Science
- PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Computer science
Apart from the degree courses, below are listed diploma and certificate courses:
Computer Science Diploma
- Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science
- Advanced Computing [DAC]
- Computer in Science And Engineer
- Course in Computer Added Accounting, and others.
Certificate in Computer Science
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library certifications
- Microsoft SQL Server Certifications
- Oracle Certified Professional, and various others.
What Are the Subjects in the Computer Science Course?
Students that enrol in the computer science courses get to study the core subjects in the curriculum of computer science such as:
- Evolution of Computers
- Types of Programming Languages
- Structured Programming
- Application software and System SoftwareCoding – BCD
- Process and Processor Management
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Security Mechanisms
- Security Threats
- algorithm design techniques
- Advanced Techniques to analyze algorithms, etc.
Additionally, the listed above computer science subjects are some of the subjects in the computer science curriculum. However, the subjects and curriculum may vary according to the course students opt for.
What Are Computer Science Jobs?
Students get numerous computer science job opportunities in the IT sector once they obtain any degree/certificate/diploma. Therefore, some of the job prospects in the computer science field are:
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Software Engineer
- Information Security Analyst
- Application Developer
- IT Project Manager
- Systems Architect
- Database Administrator
- IT Consultant
- Programmer, etc.
Additionally, students get plenty of job options in government sectors as well as private sectors. Also, students get high-income jobs as computer science engineering salaries in India.
Almost every type of job requires the use of a computer. Therefore, in modern times, it has become a necessity to have a fundamental understanding of computers and their applications. Also, with the development of the IT sector in the country, there is a high demand for computer professionals.
Therefore, students can pursue computer science courses to make a career in the IT industry and get plenty of lucrative job prospects. The computer science subjects provide a core understanding of the concepts of computer software and programs.
Furthermore, the computer science curriculum is designed to provide theoretical and practical knowledge of computer languages, networking, programming, web design, software development, and a variety of other topics.
Candidates get a plethora of job prospects once they procure any degree/diploma/certificate in computer science. So, students can pursue computer science courses at any UGC-recognised college and build a lucrative career in the IT sector.