Popcorn shrimp is a delight; every bite is crispy and full of flavor. Sure, it’s fun to eat popcorn shrimp just by itself, but can you use it in recipes in place of other proteins? Absolutely. Here are two great examples of popcorn shrimp recipes you can add to your weekly menu lineup.
Shrimp Fried Rice
Fried rice is a dinnertime favorite. It starts with cold cooked rice, so we recommend using leftovers to create this dish super fast and easy. Instead of adding ham or regular cocktail shrimp, use popcorn shrimp instead. You’ll love the extra crunch popcorn shrimp adds to this classic dish.
1 18oz package frozen SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
3 cups cooked rice, cold
1 12oz package of frozen peas and carrots
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
- Bake the SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp per package directions using your preferred method. The oven or your air fryer works well for this recipe.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a bigger skillet over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook until lightly scrambled. Remove the scrambled eggs and set them aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Then, sauté the ginger and garlic for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Stir in the rice, vegetables, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for five minutes while constantly stirring until the rice and veggies are heated through.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the scrambled egg and cooked shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
Popcorn Shrimp Nachos
Put the ground beef or taco chicken aside tonight and make nachos with popcorn shrimp instead.
1 20 oz package frozen SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp
1 large tomato, seeds removed and finely diced
8 oz package of white corn tortilla chips
2 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup pickled jalapeños, roughly chopped
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
4 scallions thinly sliced, both white and green parts
Sour cream and extra barbecue sauce for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Bake the popcorn shrimp per package directions.
- Season the diced tomatoes with salt, then set them aside.
- Layer the chips into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Build your layers in this order: half the shredded cheese, barbecue sauce, cooked shrimp, jalapenos, and then the remaining cheese.
- Bake for ten minutes or until the cheese melts and is golden.
- Remove from the oven, scatter with tomatoes and scallions, and serve immediately with sour cream and barbecue sauce on the side.
- Read more about Casinostop Click here betways
Visit this site mywikinews