Saggy chests are a big embarrassment in men. It looks bad and causes a great deal of physical pain.
There are many ways to get rid of this problem, but the most effective and safe way is to go for Gynecomastia surgery.
Below, we have covered everything in detail about gynecomastia to help you become aware and make better decisions.
So, keep reading on!
What is Gynecomastia?
In gynecomastia, men develop sagging, enlarged breast tissue.
Although it occurs at any age, it is most prevalent in adolescent boys and older men. While it can cause concern, gynecomastia is usually not a serious health problem.
Gynecomastia can sometimes resolve on its own.
But if it’s embarrassing or affecting your health anyway, surgery is the option a doctor would suggest.
Symptoms of Gynecomastia
The main symptom of gynecomastia is enlarged breast tissue. It can make your breasts feel tender or sore. You may also have nipple discharge, although this is not always present. In some cases, the enlarged tissue can make your breasts look different from each other.
What Causes Gynecomastia?
Several different factors can contribute to gynecomastia. These include:
- Hormonal changes: Gynecomastia can be caused by an imbalance in testosterone and estrogen hormones. It can happen during puberty, old age, and certain medical conditions.
- Certain medications: Several medications can cause gynecomastia as a side effect. These include some antidepressants, heartburn medications, and steroids.
- Medical conditions: Some medical conditions can also lead to gynecomastia. These include tumors, kidney failure, and thyroid problems.
Risks Associated with Gynecomastia
In most cases, gynecomastia is not a serious health problem. However, it can be associated with an underlying medical condition in rare cases.
It is why it’s important to see your doctor if you experience any of the symptoms listed above.
Your doctor can rule out underlying causes and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
In some cases, no treatment is necessary as gynecomastia will resolve on its own over time.
If the condition is causing you pain or embarrassment, several treatments can help. These include:
- Gynecomastia Surgery: In some cases, surgery may be necessary to remove the excess breast tissue. Surgery is usually recommended after other treatments have failed.
- Hormone Therapy: If an imbalance in hormones causes your gynecomastia, hormone therapy can be used to correct this.
- Medications: Several medications can help reduce the size of enlarged breast tissue. These include tamoxifen and raloxifene.
What to Expect After Treatment?
Most treatments for gynecomastia are effective in reducing or eliminating the condition.
Despite this, keep in mind that the effects are not always permanent.
In some cases, the condition may return even after treatment. A second treatment might be necessary if this occurs.
If you’re considering gynecomastia surgery in Mumbai, it’s important to talk to your doctor about all of your options.
They will be able to help you choose the best course of action for your situation.
For gynecomastia surgery, Dr. Siddharth Prakash is your best choice!
He has extensive experience performing this surgery and has helped many men achieve their desired results.
To learn more about Dr. Siddharth Prakash and his practice, visit his website today.