Facial fat grafting is a procedure in cosmetic surgery where fat is removed from one’s body part and is transferred to the face. Fat transfer to the face is used to get rid of wrinkles and other signs of aging. It helps facial skin to look rejuvenated and younger. It is known by many different names like fat transfer, micro-lipo injection, autologous fat grafting, autologous fat transfer, facial fat rejuvenation, or fat injection.
Here is a brief overview of this procedure.
The facial fat grafting surgery is considered a minor procedure and consists of three main steps;
- First, fat is removed through liposuction from a body part where it is in excess, like the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, etc.
- This removed fat is processed and cleaned to get rid of the impurities and collect the viable fat cells.
- This cleaned fat is then injected into different areas of the face where it is needed.
Facial fat grafting is mainly opted by females to correct the age-related fat loss in their faces. Aging is an inevitable process, and the signs of aging cannot be stopped. Fat grafting can revitalize your facial skin by adding volume and improving tone. You can get a facial fat graft for the following reasons:
- Hollowing of the forehead
- Loss of the subcutaneous tissue around the mouth, under the nose, or around the nasal folds
- Wrinkles around the corners of eyes
- Wrinkles on your neck
- Deep lines around your lips
- Drooped eyebrows
- Eyebags due to sagging cheeks
- Volume loss in your lips
- Set back chin
- Weak jawline
- To fill up scars from previous surgeries
Facial fat grafting surgery is known for its high success rates and good results. Unlike dermal fillers, the changes gained from this cosmetic procedure can last for a long time. The best thing about facial fat grafting is that its results are long-term and natural at the same time, and it does not involve any synthetic substances.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind regarding the results of a facial fat graft.
- About 40% of the transferred fat is resorbed in the bloodstream. It will take about six months to see the actual results of the fat transfer
- As you age, your facial fat will be affected by the normal aging process
- Results will also fluctuate as you lose or gain weight. A considerable weight loss can also cause the newly transferred fat on your face to diminish
- You must follow a healthy lifestyle, protect your skin from UV light, and adopt a proper skincare routine to make results last long
Who to Consult?
Facial fat grafting is a cosmetic surgery procedure. A qualified and skilled plastic or cosmetic surgeon will be your go-to person for this surgery. Finding the right professional with the proper skill set is vital in facial fat grafting to get your desired results.
You can find the best plastic surgeon for fat transfer to the face in Mumbai. Dr. Siddharth Prakash is a renowned Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon practicing at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. He is an alumnus of KEM Hospital, Mumbai, and Harvard Medical School, Boston. He is one of the best practitioners in the field and is known for his excellent results.
Aging cannot be avoided, but modern advancements in cosmetic and plastic surgery have made it possible to hold on to your youthful features for an extended time. Facial fat grafting uses natural means, provide fast results, and is a lasting solution for wrinkles and lost subdermal fat of the face.