Here is what we will be looking into today:
- The causes for irritated and dry skin formation
- The relationship between dry and aging skin
- Skin Dryness and Aging Reversal Tips.
You might be starting a new skincare regimen, or may be combatting skin dryness and irritation. Whatever the case may be, we’re here to help! Below, we’ve talked about some effortless and quick ways to alleviate dry skin and reverse aging, and that too with simple soothing and hydration techniques that can easily be carried out from the comfort of your home.
What causes dry and irritated skin?
In simple terms, dry skin appears due to a lack of moisture in the skin. There can be many factors contributing to this, such as dehydration, new skincare products (especially those with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide), aging (which impacts the skin’s ability to retain moisture), frequent showers and bathing with harsh products, environmental conditions such as humidity, and even certain health conditions.
However, with the help of organic best skincare for dry skin it is absolutely possible to rehydrate your skin and alleviate dry, irritated skin.
The Relationship Between Dryness and Aging.
Anyone can encounter dry skin, however, it’s more prevalent as we age. The causative agents for this are usually hormonal fluctuations, sun damage, and a reduction in the skin’s natural oils.
The difference between normal and dry skin depends on the hydration being retained in the skin’s outermost layer, which is mainly made up of a lining of dead skin cells that act as a barrier and protect the living cells underneath. If the water content in this layer is low, it shrinks, leading to a reduced surface area. This causes a tightening effect which leads to skin cracking, leaving behind the appearance of dry, flaky, and scaly skin.
What can I do to reverse dry and aging skin?
Dermal Repair Complex replenishes the skin with collagen, hyaluronic acid, essential vitamins and gives the skin its texture, structure, and youthfulness. It also prevents collagen and elastin breakdown which helps in improving the internal factors that cause skin aging.These important proteins give the skin its texture, structure, and youthfulness. Dry skin can easily be treated at home in a number of ways. Some of our favorite tips from Harvard Medical School are outlined below:
- Try using a humidifier set at 60% during winter days.
- Ramp up your water intake, especially during winter months where your skin tends to dry out more.
- Short showers ranging from 5-10 minutes are a great way to freshen up without stripping the skin of its natural oils.
- Consider switching to soap-free cleansers like Cetaphil or Aquanil. You can also use moisturizing soaps like Dove, Olay, or Basis.
- Lock moisture inside the skin by immediately applying a moisturizer (body lotion or even petroleum jelly) after showering.
- Rather than using multiple skincare products that put you at risk of unwanted effects, consider trying an all-in-one, ultra-hydrating product (like DMAE) to help fend off aging and dryness.
- Opt for mild laundry detergents that are fragrance-free. Avoiding using fabric conditioners, which are heavily scented and can cause skin irritation.
The tips discussed above provide a great way to address skin dryness at home, but it is always advisable to discuss your concerns with your primary healthcare provider. For cases of severe dryness, they may prescribe medicated creams and corticosteroids, and run some tests to identify the underlying causes of the dryness While these are only a few tips, it’s important to discuss chronic dry skin with your doctor or trusted healthcare professional. For severe dry skin, he/she may prescribe medicated creams and corticosteroids. They may also run some tests to identify the underlying causes behind skin dryness, such as hypothyroidism, lymphoma, diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, psoriasis, and atopic dermatitis.