With the emergence of new variants of the Coronavirus and innumerable chronic diseases, the healthcare industry is seriously facing extreme pressure. Since the number of patients continues to rise, there’s seen an increased need for additional medical staff. This results in a future improvement in patient tracking and hospital infrastructure facilities. Of the available data processing systems, most are manual.
Hence, it leads to frequent errors that cause complications for the patient parties. Here comes the significance of RFID technology! With the advent of this wireless technology, hospital assets’ patient tracking and movement have become effortless. Keep reading the informative blog to identify the importance of using RFID solutions.
An introduction to RFID
Healthcare institutions get myriad benefits from using effective RFID patient tracking systems. Who does not know the value of each second in medical management! Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is an effortless tracking system that allows data transmission employing radio waves.
This technology helps in managing industrial tools, assets, and equipment. Thus, it is fruitfully applied in healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, agriculture, supply chain management, and others.
The RFID provides a wide array of services to lessen the pressure on the medical administration. From simplifying the overall communication between patients and care providers to seamless administering and tracking of patients’ health – RFID never fails to impress the healthcare industry with its vast efficacy. Developed countries like Japan, France, the UK, the USA, Spain, Italy, etc., prioritise using RFID systems.
How is RFID Technology Used in the Healthcare Industry?
- For real-time tracking and staff management, there’s no alternative to RFID. When it is impossible to get immediate access to important data during busy hours, this wireless technology helps in maximum productivity.
- To avoid interruptions in the operation theatre, it is essential to check the assets and equipment regularly. RFID technology is the best solution for handling critical assets and tracking the machines to prevent unplanned breakdowns.
- Since medicines and pharmaceutical products are the most critical elements in hospital industries, authorities must consistently stock up on these essentials. The RFID technology helps in automatically tracking medicine stock levels and thus provides accurate information about expiry dates and stock levels.
- RFID ensures monitoring of highly sensitive drugs that must be kept at a suitable temperature to maintain compliance.
- By using RFID proximity cards, the company can considerably minimize paper use, thus reducing the overall costs associated with it.
- The active RFID is the best solution to keep track of mobile assets like patient beds, wheelchairs, and other medical properties.
- Since passive RFID tags are small-sized and low-cost, they can be easily attached to the assets where WIFI can’t work properly.
- The use of an inventory tracking RFID system alleviates drug replication, thus eliminating the risk of using the wrong medications and providing increased safety for patients.
You have acknowledged that the innovative RFID technology has many potentials to enhance hospital services. The latest operating system facilitates cost savings, increased security, and functional effectiveness. In the coming years, the universal adoption of RFID technology will help the healthcare sector boost unconditionally.