NFT is a relatively new topic that is increasingly making news headlines. Technology is attracting more and more attention. Yes, at the moment the hype around these tokens has subsided a bit. Nevertheless, they open up a huge number of fundamentally new opportunities for self-realization and earning. That is why it is more relevant than ever to think about implementing your own project in this niche. Good reason to create NFT marketplace, isn’t it?
Now let’s talk about how to create an NFT marketplace and why it’s a smart solution
It is an adaptive online platform that provides access to offers to sell and buy non-interchangeable tokens. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin or Ethereum, tokens give the right to acquire ownership of digital art developments without the possibility of copying. To make the project a success, it is important to competently create an NFT marketplace.
Decided to create an NFT marketplace? How should the project work?
Have you decided to create an NFT marketplace? Most non-interchangeable tokens are based on Ethereum, using the same standards. Due to the standardization procedure of issuance, it is possible for blockchains to interact efficiently with each other. This process simplifies token transactions between decentralized applications.
Creating an NFT marketplace is not difficult. But a fully operational product must support one of the virtual wallets (a popular example is the Metamask extension). With it, the user connects to the application through a browser and can interact directly with the purchase and sale options.
The ready-made platform provides a complete list of data on available offers in the cryptocurrency market, sorting tokens by category and individual filters. The whole process of interaction between partners is reflected internally. The information is available to users of the personal cabinet. It is possible to set up additional notifications, which will show the stages of transactions – from the moment tokens are searched to their crediting to the account.
How NFT-marketplaces work
NFTs are traded on specialized exchanges. In addition to buying and selling, they also provide the opportunity to mine different types of assets. This is the process of turning a digital file into a digital asset based on a non-interchangeable token standard on a particular blockchain.
NFT marketplaces can be either centralized or decentralized, although the latter have appeared on the market relatively recently. The advantages and disadvantages are about the same as in the case of crypto exchanges. If you create a centralized Marketplace, all NFT and other assets you have in your account are managed and under your control. The advantage of decentralized applications for users is complete control over their funds.
You can create an NFT marketplace that supports several different blockchains. To trade on a decentralized exchange you need to attach a web3 wallet like MetaMask. Web3 wallets function as browser extensions and as mobile apps with browsers.
It is convenient to be able to switch between different blockchains. To start trading NFT you need to have “gas” blockchain currencies on your wallet, on which the marketplace operates, such as ETH, BNB, VLX. In addition to BNB, we recommend adding VLX, to give your users the ability to create NFTs cheaply and trade them at the highest speed. Velas is by far one of the fastest blockchains in the world.
In general, using this format, you can sell absolutely anything. People offer a lot of music, images, videos, texts, and even 3D models — all unique digital products. So far this market is just beginning to develop, so you have every chance to offer a lot of new things. Despite the stereotype that the NFT hype is already in the past. People just haven’t had time to realize all the possibilities of this technology yet.
What factors should be considered for developing a promising and competitive marketplace?
When creating an NFT marketplace, pay attention to the following factors:
- Audience. The wider your audience, the higher the profit your project will bring.
- Fees. As a rule, the creators are looking for a promising project with low commissions. Take this into account if you want to create an NFT marketplace that will be successful on the market.
- Identity verification (KYC). Anonymity is important to many people. Different types of assets also imply different requirements for strict KYC compliance. The requirements for trading digital assets are usually softer than tokenized real assets. There are two levels of verification: for individuals and for business accounts. The different levels open up more trading opportunities with different types of assets.
- Blockchain support. Popular blockchains like Ethereum are widely used but are overloaded and have rather expensive commissions, while alternative young blockchains boast of high speed and cheap commissions.
- Types of trading. The standard types of trading are direct buying and selling. Often sites add auction trading of different types: bid up, bid down, by time, etc.
- Interface usability. Usability, aesthetics, and speed are the most important factors. Platforms with pleasant and intuitive interfaces attract more users because there is no need to read the FAQ and learn the complexities of the internal processes from the tutorial documentation. When creating an NFT marketplace, keep in mind that it is important to rely on the user experience and analytics of the global application marketplace during the interface development process.
- Asset categories for trading. Most projects are limited to trading digital art or at most tokenized real art. Do you want to create an NFT marketplace that enters new markets? It’s important to remember that you will have to follow strict KYC requirements to trade tokenized real assets. Be prepared to communicate with regulators and find common ground for the technology to work.
There is rapid development in the market right now with non-interchangeable tokens. The blockchain infrastructure is constantly changing and improving. But many unresolved issues still exist – these are the rules for the marketplace operation and the scope of non-exchangeable tokens. In a few years, unique documents will be created in the blockchain, which will exclude the possibility of their counterfeiting as much as possible. Do you want to create NFT marketplace? It’s a great idea and an investment in a promising, successful business with a clearance for the future.