Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is a scheme launched by the Government in the year 2015. The purpose behind the launch of this program is to ensure a safe and secure place to thrive for weaker sections of society. Under this scheme, the Indian Government has planned to construct more than two million houses within the country by the year 2022. It would feature basic facilities such as an uninterrupted supply of water, electricity, and gas. This particular program offers housing loans only to those people who fall under the category of low-income and middle-income families.
The online application form of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for the year 2020 is currently listed on their official website. Interested people may visit the portal and execute the process including filling up the form followed by downloading the form of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Note: The deadline to submit the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana form is slated on March, 31st 2022, and the final date for submission of the form related to the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme is scheduled on March 31st, 2021. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme is primarily targeted at people who possess a valid Aadhaar card
Now we shall discuss ways to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:–
- Applicants are supposed to input relevant details such as their Aadhaar number. Once it is verified, you will be redirected to another section.
- Aadhaar number is mandatory to ensure that a person applies for the scheme without cheating the system.
- Personal information of an individual should be furnished including name, age, date of birth, current address, residing place, etc.
There are primarily two categories wherein weaker sections of the society, middle income, and lower-income families could apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme.
- Under the other three components:— Beneficiaries falling under the weaker section groups must earn an annual income of Rs. 3 lakhs while middle income and lower-income families should earn an annual income between Rs. 6 lakh–Rs. 18 lakh and Rs. 3 lakh—Rs. 6 lakh respectively.
- People who are dwelling in slum areas are also considered eligible to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme.
Listed below are the contents you will come across in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana form.
- Residing state, district, city, guardians/father’s name
- Religion, caste, sex, marital status
- ID proof and nature of employment
- Permanent address
- Mobile number
- Bank name, branch name, bank address, and applicant’s account number
In addition to the above-mentioned, you are required to fill up additional information such as development area, disclaimer, self-declaration box, and entering CAPTCHA code.
It is highly recommended to pay close attention to the eligibility criteria mentioned in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme and then only proceed.
Note: Only candidates with a valid Aadhaar card will be considered for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme. Do not forget to furnish bank and income associated documents handy at the time of registration.
If in case applicants are struggling to apply at Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, then it is suggested to pay a visit to the nearest common service center governed by the State Government. Another alternative way is to approach a bank categorized under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme.
Procure it and fill in the details as mentioned in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana form. However, applicants are supposed to pay a fee of Rs. 25 including GST in case they prefer to apply through offline mode.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana subsidy will be credited to the loan account as soon as it is verified. The outstanding loan amount will be automatically adjusted thereby reducing the monthly EMI’s.
The application process under the other three components
- Applicants should initially browse through the official portal of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana i.e. pmaymis.gov.in
- Now, you may click the option ‘Citizen Assessment’ available under the main menu and choose an appropriate applicant category.
- Applicants are redirected to a fresh page wherein they are supposed to furnish details regarding the Aadhaar card.
- In the fourth step, you are required to input personal information including name, age, permanent address, place of residence, etc.
- During the final stages, applicants are prompted to enter a CAPTCHA code for verification purposes. Then click ‘Submit it’.
Applicants could keep track of their application status by selecting the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option in the main menu and choose ‘Track your assessment status’.
Selection procedures of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana beneficiaries
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is exclusively designed for individuals residing in rural areas especially slum dwellers. They are thriving at spots that do not have an adequate supply of water, lack of infrastructural facilities and sanitation, etc. The selection process involves filtering of beneficiaries based on groups i.e. economically weaker families, middle income, and lower-income groups.
Rate of interest, fees, and other charges levied under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme
They charge a processing fee of up to 3% on the loan amount along with additional taxes. An amount of Rs. 5000 is subject to refund once a loan application is canceled. There are no charges imposed on individuals who apply for a home loan at a floating interest rate. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme does not levy any prepayment charges for part or full payments.
Note: — Make sure that applicants hold a valid Aadhaar card handy before beginning the online application process of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme is envisaged to reduce the financial constraints of weaker sections of the society to procure property. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana subsidy comes to their aid in narrowing down the liabilities incurred and partial repayment of home loans. With the advent of the online application process, this specialized program has streamlined it thereby ensuring that people could enjoy the benefits provided by the Government.
If you are scouting around the internet to purchase a budget-friendly property, then, it is better to visit the official portal of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and follow the application procedures.