The UK State Department provides an another to passports between the United Kingdom and the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico, and Canada: the UK passport card. This card is a cheaper, more minor, and more expedient other for carrying passports when traveling on land or by sea. However, many travelers still poverty to smear for a full passport because the passport card is not valid for global air portable.
Check prices and reviews on TripAdvisor
Here is how to apply for a UK passport or UK passport card:
Time required: up to four weeks from request to receiving
- First, control whether a complete passport or passport card encounters your travel wants. If you travel by sea or land to the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico, or Canada and do this occasionally, a passport card may be correct for you. However, if you take an international flight, you need a real passport. (Note: No passport or passport card is obligatory to travel to all areas of the United Kingdom overseas, such as Puerto Rico or the UK Virgin Islands ).
- Called the cost of passport and passport card. Presently, the new passport adult fare is $ 1.35, children under 16 years are charged is the US $ 105. The passport card costs USD 55 per adult and USD 40 per child. The adult passport renewal fee is US$110, and the passport card is US$30. Passport cards are inexpensive, but a complete set of passports allows you to lightweight to all global destinations, not just the Caribbean, Bermuda, Canada, and Mexico, but also air, sea, or land. (You can order passports and passport cards for $165.)
- Collect the info and leaflets you essential to smear for a passport or passport card: the requirements for both are the same. Applicants need proof of UK citizenship and identification, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate (the original must be submitted, a certified copy with the stamp proposed). You will also need two 2-inch passport photos and request and performance fees. If you already have a valid passport, you can apply for a passport card and vice versa.
- Fill out the passport and passport card application form, and then send it to the accepting application agency for proposal. However, unless you are in front of the passport agent, do not sign the form. The new passport or passport card application form is DS-11. The form for renewing a passport or passport card is DS-82. Both forms can be downloaded from the State Council Passport website.
- Applications for passports or passport cards can be submitted at 9,300 passport application taking amenities, which usually include the UK Postal Service, City Hall, and courts. The request must be treated in person (renewal can be done by mail). Thirteen regional passport agencies and Gateway City Intervention provide emergency applications for travelers who need to travel within two weeks by appointment.
- Your passport or passport card will arrive by mail in about four weeks. However, if you pay for the expedited service, you can get your passport or passport card back within two weeks, which requires an additional $60. If you need to obtain a passport within two weeks, you need to make an appointment with a regional passport agency to apply. The appointment is free.
Tip: You can also take Nadra Services From nadradervice.com
- Passports and passport cards are valid for ten years for adults and five years for minors.
- The UK passport is 5×3-1 / 2 inches, and the passport card is the size of a wallet.
- If you want to apply for a passport and a passport card at the same time, the fee for adults is US$165, and the fee for minors is US$120
what do you need:
- Passport application
- Proof of citizenship
- Two 2×2 passport photos
- Application and processing fees