(How Huawei GT 2e works: features, configuration, instructions, use, and price)
Huawei GT 2e is the new smartwatch from Huawei, successor of Huawei GT 2. Huawei GT 2e has inherited some features of its predecessor but obviously introducing new features. In fact, between Huawei GT 2e and Huawei GT 2 there are substantial differences that we have collected in our previous article entitled Huawei GT 2e vs. Huawei GT 2. I advise you to read it if you are perhaps undecided on which model to choose. You will see here huawei watch 2 price is very low. Just click on the highlighted link and visit the official website.
Today, however, I do not want to review Huawei GT 2e but I want to understand how it is done and above all how it works as I have already done with Mi band 4 and Amazfit GTS, the two smartwatches of the closest Xiaomi competition. I don’t want to limit myself to doing the review of Huawei GT 2e as there are always a lot of them around. The thing that is missing, as always, is the user guide. I think that those who have to buy a new smartwatch also want to know the main features and see how it is really done even through real photos. But above all after he bought it he also wants to understand how to use it best. You are in the right place, let’s start together to see how Huawei GT 2e is made and above all how Huawei GT 2e works.
Huawei GT 2e specifications
Huawei GT 2e is made of steel, metal and plastic with dimensions 53 x 46.8 x 10.8 mm and a weight of 43gr without the strap. The available colors are Graphite Black (black) Lava Red (red) like mine and Mint Green (green). The display is a 1.39- inch AMOLED HD with a resolution of 454 x 454 pixels a touch and swipe touchscreen display. On the side, however, we find two buttons for power and functions. This Huawei GT 2e smartwatch has the Huawei OS software (does not have Google Wear) with a Kirin A1 processor with a memory of 4GB to save the music to be listened to directly with the headphones from the smartwatch. Obviously a part of the memory is reserved for the system software but about 500 songs are all there.
The sensors that we find in the Huawei GT 2e are:
- Optician for heartbeat
- Ambient light
- Atmospheric pressure
GT 2e also supports GPS. The Bluetooth 5.1, BLE / BR / EDR and has the built-in Wi-Fi. Instead, it has the NFC module for contactless payments but it only works in China. The battery, on the other hand, lasts 14 days with typical use obviously this data changes based on how we use it. On the back we find the magnetic charging port to recharge our Huawei GT 2e with the base and the supplied cable. Huawei GT 2e is resistant to 5atm up to 50mt. Huawei GT 2e has universal compatibility, so we can use it with all smartphones from android 4.4 upwards and with all IPhones from IOS 9.0 upwards. The application to use Huawei GT 2e associated with the phone is Huawei Health, downloadable from the play store for both Android and IOS.
Features Huawei GT 2e
Huawei GT 2e is purely a sportwatch both in terms of aesthetics and operation. In fact, it supports 100 different sport modes, and there are not a few! But in addition to sport, Huawei GT 2e also has other features that are always needed, such as:
- Do not disturb
- Active screen
- Find phone
- Wakes up
Phone alerts and notifications, incoming calls, message notifications, calendar notifications, app notifications, events
- Weather forecast
- Automatic brightness
- Dial customization
- Screen suspend
Battery level on the display
- By lowering the bar with a downward swipe we can activate Do Not Disturb to silence Huawei GT 2e. Useful function if we use Huawei GT 2e at night so as not to activate the screen when we rotate the wrist. We can also activate the active screen for 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes. Huawei GT 2e will not go into standby for the set time. It is also possible to set a dial between analog, digital, highlight and light speed when Huawei GT 2e goes to stand-by so that you can always see the time. This shortens the battery life and disables the “Raise to activate” function.
- An interesting function for us careless, when we can’t find our smartphone around the house, is Find my phone, the smartphone will start ringing. Also directly from the menu we can activate an alarm, a small vibration wakes us up at the set time.
- As for the music with Huawei GT 2e we can both control it from the smartphone and load it from the dedicated application of the smartwatch and hear it with Bluetooth headphones without having the smartphone behind, perhaps during sports. We will see later how to do it in more detail.
- Directly from the Huawei GT 2e we can find the Barometer, Altimeter and Compass data. As for the notifications, however, a small vibration warns us of an incoming call or a whatsapp message or an email that has arrived. But we will talk about the notification management specifically later.
- In the menu of the Huawei GT 2e there is also the local weather by activating it from the Health app on the smartphone. Furthermore we can also activate the stopwatch or a timer.
- From the Huawei GT 2e we can therefore activate a flashlight if we need some light, perhaps when we have to open the door of the house at night. We can adjust the brightness or activate the automatic one. We can also customize the dial with wallpapers downloadable from the app and then selectable directly from the smartwatch. In addition, it is possible to set the suspension of the screen from 5 seconds