German giant Bayern Munich becomes the European champions league champions for the 6th time and win treble for the 2nd time as a second club of the world. Only football club Barcelona has this credit before. Bayern wins this addition of champions league without lost even drawn a single match. They were unbeatable in this tournament.
Bayern’s assistant coach Hans-Dieter Flick seemed to take charge of the team in difficult times with a touch of magic. After the break of the Coronavirus Epidemic when football returns, Bayern also returns with their best form. They won the German Bundesliga title.
Here are all match summary of the champion Bayern Munich in this addition of champions league
Bayern Munich was in group B with Crvena Zvezda, Tottenham and Olympiacos. They don’t even give any chance of those group stages teams. Bayern beat them with a large margin.
- Bayern 3-0 Crvena Zvezda (18 September 2019) 1st leg
- Crvena Zvezda 0- 6 Bayern (26 November 2019) 2nd leg
- Tottenham 2-7 Bayern (01 October 2019) 1st leg
- Bayern 3-1 Tottenham (11 December 2020) 2nd leg
- Olympiacos 2-3 Bayern (22 October 2019) 1st leg
- Bayern 2-0 Olympiacos (06 November 2019) 2nd leg
Round of 16
Chelsea 0-3 Bayern (25 February 2020) 1st leg
- Bayern 4-1 Chelsea (08 August 2020) 2nd leg
- Bayern win round of sixteen with 7-1 aggregate over Chelsea.
Due to Coronavirus Epidemic Quarterfinal and Semi-final was played in one leg and all the matches of quarter-final and semi-finals played in Lisbon, Portugal.
- In the quarter-final, Bayern humiliates Barcelona with 8-2 defeat which is the biggest quarter-final win of the time of the history of the tournament. (14 August 2020)
- Bayern wins the semi-final quite easily against French club Lyon with 3-0 margin. Bayern winger Serge Gnabry played superbly on that match.
Bayern faced one of the most energetic teams in this era French giants Paris Saint Germain, and they also had a marvellous form throughout the tournament. PSG beat Leipzig, another German club with 3-0 margin. Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria was unbelievable.
Bayern coach Hans-Dieter Flick changed the line up for the final. He considered Kingsley Coman instead of Ivan Perisic, who was in outstanding form. From Kimmich assist and Coman’s header in 59 minutes helps Bayern to left the trophy after l 7 long years and win over PSG 1-0. After the final whistle of the referee, all Germans starts celebrating, and all the people overjoyed on the other hand PSG come into tears.
Attack and counter-attack accumulated the final. Both teams created many chances but didn’t finish those at all. PSG missed some of the clear opportunities, and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer was converted into a beast that night. All over the country of the world had enjoyed a lot seeing this kind of fight in the final. Bayern deserve to win the last and PSG also played well.