JEE Main 2021
JEE Main is the first phase of the IIT JEE. It is an eligibility test for JEE Advanced. The students can take admission in various IITs, NITs, CFITs and other premier institutions in different parts of the country if they clear JEE Main.
The JEE Main and JEE Advanced could not be conducted on scheduled dates in the years 2020 and 2021 due to the current pandemic situation. The examination authorities have postponed the JEE Main 2021 April and May sessions due to the covid outbreak. The revised dates will be announced 15 days before the examination.
The second phase of JEE examination is called JEE Advanced. It is an online examination. JEE Advanced is a gateway for the students to get admission into IIT and few other reputed colleges. JEE Advanced consists of two papers, held on the same day. It is mandatory to appear for both papers. The exam pattern of JEE Advanced is different from JEE Main. The duration of the examination is 3 hours and the marks allotted for the examination is 360. Both JEE Main and JEE Advanced are based on the Class 11 and Class 12 syllabus
JEE Advanced 2021
The JEE Advanced 2021 will be conducted by IIT Kharagpur. They have released the information brochure with the details about the examination. The brochure is very helpful for the students to understand the latest changes in JEE Advanced 2021. The examination that was supposed to be on July 3rd is being postponed due to the current pandemic situation. The revised date will be announced in due course.
JEE Advanced Eligibility
Eligibility criteria from the previous year are listed below.
- The year of birth of the applicant must be on or after the 1st of October 1995. The age has been relaxed for reserved categories, birth date must be on or after the 1st of October 1990.
- Candidates can appear for the examination in two consecutive years irrespective of whether the applicant has cleared the qualifying examination or not.
- The candidates must clear JEE Main and must be among the top 2,50,000 students.
JEE Advanced Registration and Application Form
Follow the following steps to register and fill the application form for JEE Advanced
- Using the date of birth and the roll number the candidates can log in to the official website
- New passwords have to be created and later the candidates get redirected to the application form. Personal, educational, exam centre, JEE Main application number details have to be filled in the application form.
- The scanned copy of the documents like mark sheet, photograph, signature, caste certificate must be submitted.
JEE Advanced Admit Card
The candidates who successfully submit the application form will receive the admit card on the official website. It is mandatory to carry the admit card to the examination centre. The candidate should also take a photo identity proof. The admit card must be checked for any discrepancies and should be informed to the authorities if they find any. A few of the details on the admit card are name, date of birth, exam centre details, centre code, a photograph of the candidate, signature, examination guidelines etc.