Nowadays, artificially enhancing body features have become very common among people. One such method is lip enhancement or lip augmentation. Lip augmentation is a cosmetic treatment to make your lips look fuller and plumper.
People prefer injecting dermal filler in their lips and around their mouth to lip augmentation. “Hyaluronic Acid” is mostly used for this process. The hyaluronic acid injection is majorly preferred by all because this acid is a substance that is naturally found in our bodies that helps to correct the signs of aging.
Using hyaluronic acid is one of the best and safest methods to get your lip enhanced. This article will have an in-depth insight into lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid.
What is hyaluronic acid?
We are familiar with the hyaluronic acid in skincare products these days as it helps to improve wrinkles and aging. But this product is an allrounder that provides various benefits for the beauty and cosmetic industry.
People prefer hyaluronic acids to improve their skin firmness, reduce fine lines or add volume to specific facial areas. In addition, this naturally formed acid helps in keeping the skin surface hydrated as it can hold 1000 times its weight in the form of water. That’s why this is used in chapsticks and lip balm products.
Why hyaluronic acid fillers are beneficial to use?
There are various ways to get our lip fillers done, but why should we opt for hyaluronic acid filler? To answer this kind of doubt, go through the below-given benefits of using hyaluronic acid as filler.
- Usage of lip injections that contains hyaluronic acid will help in improvising the shape, volume, and structure of the lips.
- One can control the volume of their lip based on their preferences. Hyaluronic acid is in the form of a gel. It is injected into the tissues of your lips. The amount of gel needed can be controlled based on the desired size of the lip.
- In this procedure, one need not rush to complete everything in a single sitting. The patient can fill their lips during multiple sessions until they get their desired lip shape.
- Hyaluronic acid is hydrating in its natural form. It does not cause many side effects after the treatment.
- After the procedure, if any lumps are formed inside the lips due to the lip movement, they will dissolve soon.
- Lip filler is not permanent which needs to be touched up once in 6 months. Using hyaluronic acid will last longer when compared to other dermal fillers.
- As previously mentioned, since this acid is made from a substance found in the body, it does not cause any allergic reactions in the body.
How does the lip augmentation procedure is done?
Lip augmentation is a speedy treatment process that can be done in the doctor’s clinic in very little time. Below given are the steps that are involved in the lip augmentation treatment.
- As a first step, a numbing agent is applied to the lips to avoid discomfort during the procedure. At times, doctors prescribe nerve block injections, which are injected to numb the lips completely. Such injections are familiar in dental clinics.
- After which, the doctor marks the substance’s area to be injected. This is drawn based on the desired shape and volume of the lip found on the patient’s instruction.
- Now, carefully using a very fine needle, the area is injected with the substance into the tissues of your lips.
- Finally, an ice cube or an ice pack is given to ease out the discomfort of the lips after injecting.
After this procedure, you will be able to see the results instantly. Also, the patients are not allowed to use any chemical or non-chemical lip products for one day to avoid any external infections.
- It is essential to find a qualified doctor who has good experience in this field of work.
- Plan and have a basic sketch of your desired lips and split the sessions to get injected because rushing it in one day will not give you a long-lasting perfect result.