Liposuction is a form of cosmetic surgery that removes fat from the body by breaking it up and sucking it out using a suction device. It is often utilized on the back and back of the arms, calves, belly, thighs, and buttocks. A hollow device named Cannula, is used to extract the fat. Under the skin, this is introduced to deliver a drug or device. The cannula is subjected to a high-pressure solid vacuum.
Liposuction patients have a constant weight but they want to eliminate unwanted fat deposits. However, liposuction surgery isn’t a weight-loss solution nor an obesity treatment. It helps modify and improve body shape by removing fat cells permanently and changing body contour. The residual fat cells may develop if the patient doesn’t maintain a healthy lifestyle following surgery. It’s possible to have an infection, numbness, or scars after the procedure. Lumps or dents in the skin may appear if too much fat is removed. The risks of surgery may be altered by the quantity of fat removed from the patient.
It is best to receive this surgical therapy from the best plastic surgeon in Mumbai, India.
Types of Liposuction
A few different liposuction methods are used. However, they all employ a cannula, a small tube coupled to a vacuum, to remove fat from your body. The most prevalent procedure is tumescent liposuction, in which a sterile fluid injected into the targeted location by your surgeon. Saltwater with lidocaine and epinephrine make up the saline solution. The solution reduces blood loss and discomfort during fat suctioning.
As the names indicate, ultrasound-assisted liposuction, or UAL, utilizes sound wave energy to break down fat cell walls to liquify the fat, allowing it to be removed by suction. A laser is used to liquify the fat in laser-assisted liposuction or SmartLipo.
- Due to a lack of suppleness, irregular fat removal, and unusual healing, your skin may seem bumpy, wavy or worn. These alterations may be long-term. During liposuction, the cannula (thin tube) utilized may cause lasting damage to the skin under the surface.
- Seromas, which are pockets of fluid that may develop under the skin, are possible. The surgeon may require a needle to remove this fluid.
- You may have numbness in the damaged region for a short time or the rest of your life. There is also the possibility of temporary nerve irritation.
- Skin infections are very uncommon, although they may occur at any time. A life-threatening skin infection is possible.
- An internal organ may be damaged by a cannula that goes too deep. This might need immediate surgical intervention.
- Breakaway fat pieces may get lodged in a blood artery, where they might accumulate in or migrate to the brain. A fat embolism is a life-threatening situation that requires immediate attention from a medical professional.
- As fluid is injected and suctioned out, fluid levels might shift, which can cause potentially fatal kidney, heart, and lung issues.
How to Overcome Risks and Get More Satisfaction?
Those happiest with the outcomes tend to carefully weigh the benefits and drawbacks, know what to anticipate, find a trained and qualified surgeon, and thoroughly discuss the specifics with their surgeon before the procedure. Best plastic surgeon in Mumbai, Dr Siddharth Prakash can be an ideal choice this case.
Until the inflammation subsides, the effects of liposuction will not be apparent. Some cases may take months to complete. However, after approximately four weeks, there will be minor swelling where Surgeon removed fat, and the area will seem less bulky.