If you are a cricket fan, we are pretty sure that you keep yourself updated with all kinds of cricket updates and news. There’s a high chance that you play fantasy cricket, which is pretty enjoyable by cricket enthusiasts. In India, cricket is like a religion – people love cricket and everything related to cricket. No wonder why the virtual gaming industry is also booming here. Various cricket applications allow you to play virtual cricket online.
And if you think whether the gameplay is good and if they are safe to play or not, then let us tell you that it is 100% safe. You can also make transactions without any worries at the trusted Cricket Fantasy App. You can play from your phone or your laptop. The features are pretty impressive, and there is a wealth of knowledge on cricket.
As we all know, fantasy cricket is inspired by the format of IPL. And in this blog, we will talk about some of the most expensive overs in IPL history. Indian Premier League or IPL, which directly impacts the surge of usage of virtual cricket apps, has some of the most exciting overs in its history.
IPL is pretty exciting and full of thrill as we get to witness international cricketers form teams with domestic cricketers!
Coming back, here are some of the most remembered performances related to expensive overs.
- Prashanth Parameshwaran: Prashanth Parameshwaran is a famous cricketer in domestic tournaments. In the T20 league, he made a record of conceding most runs in one over of an IPL match. It was played in 2011 against RCB and Kochi Tuskers Kerala got 37 runs in his over. Chris Gayle was batting then, and he scored 36 runs in this over.
- Parwinder Awana: In the 2014 season, he became the second most expensive bowler in history in IPL. The game was against CSK, and Awana was playing for Kings XI Punjab. He created history in the 6th over of the second innings. Suresh Raina made many runs in one over. He scored a total of 33 runs from that over, which is a record in the history of IPL.
- Ravi Bopara: Bopara is one of the most famous bowlers from England. He also created history in IPL with the third most expensive over in IPL. In the 2010 season, he conceded 33 runs in one particular over. He played against Kolkata Knight Riders, and he gave 33 runs. Notably, there were four consecutive sixes in that over from Chris Gayle.
- Rahul Sharma: Another victim of Chris Gayle, Sharma again gave one of the most expensive overs in the 2012 season. The punishment came from Chris Gayle and Saurabh Tiwari.
He got 31 runs in one over. Gayle scored a total of 81 runs from 48 balls, which led to victory. His innings consisted of eight sixes and four fours.
From these eight sixes, five came from the single over of Rahul Sharma.
- Ashoke Dinda: In 2017, Dinda’s ball flew over the fence, which we all remember.
In a game against Mumbai Indians, Ashok Dinda created a record. In the final over of the innings, Hardik Pandya took 30 runs from a single over.
Mumbai Indians, on the other hand, scored 157 runs from 19 overs. From the final over from Dinda, Mumbai Indians got 30 runs from this fantastic performance by Hardik Pandya.
- Harshal Patel: The all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja clinical hitting in the 2021 IPL. He punished Harshal Patel for 37 runs in a single over.
His 62 off 28 balls took the total to 191 when the game ended with 20 overs. This is yet another IPL moment that will be remembered for the years to come.
So these are some of the most expensive overs in the history of IPL. The IPL has seen a lot of expensive overs, and these are our top picks. The batsmen have shown zero mercy for spinners or bowlers. We are sure that you enjoyed reading this blog.
True cricket fans treasure these kinds of information, and they exchange all these amongst them. If you are in search of such a community, then you need an excellent fantasy application. Search with the right keywords, and you will get many. Just make sure that it is easy to understand, the app is fast, and the transactions can be done quickly.
Given that you are a cricket enthusiast, now is the right time to enhance your cricket knowledge. If you get some time after work, you can indulge in fantasy cricket, where you will get to talk to fellow cricket enthusiasts. The pandemic has helped the fantasy cricket industry earn a sweet spot, which has been elaborately explained in this Forbes blog. Indians are spending way more time on fantasy sports, especially cricket, ever since the pandemic has arrived and forced us to lead new everyday lives.
To wrap it up, fantasy cricket allows you to test your analytical skills and knowledge of the game of cricket. It will allow you to play free games as well. You can challenge anyone across the country and even invite your close ones through links. A great way to pass the time! And in the meantime, please keep an eye on this blog section. We will share more such iconic IPL history or performances with you all.