When the usage of marijuana was still frowned upon, Alaska had legalized the use of medicinal and recreational weed. Over the years, Alaska has succeeded in offering the finest weed strains in the country. You can find these strains in licensed dispensaries or even in local shops. So, whether you are a tourist or a resident, you must take it upon yourself to try some of the more popular strains available here.
Here are a few strains that are a favorite in Alaskan shops than anywhere else in America.
- Purple Aurora: Purple Aurora is a hidden treasure that needs exploring. Completely Alaskan in creation and availability, it deserves the identity of an Alaskan adventure.
- It’s a relatively new strain that helps in relaxation and focus.
- Being a triple hybrid, it consists of Ruderalis mixed with Sativa and Indica. It is a result of crossing Purple Kush and Purple Auto.
- It can grow in extreme northern climates.
- It possesses considerable amounts of CBD and other flavors.
- Alaska: Named after the state itself, Alaska is a famous weed strain throughout the Last Frontier. Any marijuana dispensary in Juneau would be overflowing with these in every possible form.
- A Sativa-dominant strain that is useful for getting rid of insomnia, nausea, or pain.
- Originating in Israel, it helps in focusing and being productive without getting tired for long hours.
- It has the taste and smell of pinewood and is known for providing a cerebral high.
- Matanuska Tundra: When you have difficulty staying alive and cheerful in the Alaskan winters, this is the lifesaving strain to consider consuming.
- Originating in the Matanuska-Susitna Valley of Alaska, it is frosty in appearance.
- It has a soothing effect. It is also perfect for triggering your creativity, sometimes even better than ATF.
- White Widow: It is one of the most popular Alaskan cannabis strains and a must-have for a weed enthusiast.
- A balanced hybrid with equal parts of Sativa and Indica, it smells pungent like split wood.
- It is known to produce energetic feelings. One can also feel uplifting and extremely creative.
- Northern Lights: Another favorite product in Alaskan dispensaries, especially in Juneau dispensaries, that you must try.
- Indica-dominant, it births crystal-coated buds and is quite colorful.
- Along with a slight sweet pine-like taste, it also has a spicy aroma to it.
- Known for inducing an intense psychotic high while relaxing the body.
- Manitoba Poison: If you are looking for something with a more medicinal effect, this strain of marijuana is particularly famous for being the finest sedative while being sufficiently flavorful.
- Being an Indica-focused hybrid, it has a mixture of flavors consisting of herbs, cheese, and spices.
- It grows relatively well in cooler regions, producing purple flowers.
- Works wonder as a sedative, producing immediate relief to both your mind and your body.
- Alaskan Ice: Going against its name, it is by far the most flavorful of the other Alaskan weed strains. Popular in every region of Alaska, you cannot miss out on trying this one.
- Containing more Sativa in the strain, it produces highly resinous flowers.
- It does not just have a spicy flavor to it. It also has a dominant mixture of sweet and sour flavors.
- The focal effect of this strain is to provide a cerebral experience that is both euphoric and energizing.
Take your pick while enjoying the rugged beauty of the northern world and its wonders. Treat yourself to the best that the land has to offer.