Nose surgery has become very demanding in plastic surgeries and involves a lot of complexity and intricacy to plan and execute the vision and achieve the best possible results. Each operation involves dealing with very small fractions and needs a lot of expertise.
Dr. Siddharth Prakash is the best plastic surgeon in Mumbai for nose reshaping surgery currently practicing at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. He is an alumnus of KEM Hospital, Mumbai, and Harvard Medical School, Boston.
Rhinoplasty can improve a lot of functional and cosmetic properties of the nose including:
- A crooked, wide, or a bigger nose
- Any bumps, grooves on the nasal bridge
- A droopy, bulgy, curved nose tip
- Huge nostrils
- Any abnormality is the structure to improve breathing
Is rhinoplasty right for you?
You might get a nose reshaping surgery for two reasons, either you don’t like how your nose looks or you have some medical issues due to some structural reasons. In order to get surgery, you should have no medical issues, you are not a regular smoker, and have very reasonable goals. Your doctor will explain to you what your surgery can achieve in your first consultation, so you are satisfied with the results.
Benefits of nose surgery
- Improvement in nose size: Your nose job can change your nose size and make it a better fit for your face. Your nose can be too big, too small, wider, or narrow as compared to your face proportion. The plastic surgeon will address the issue and make your nose size exactly as you want.
- Improve the symmetry of the nose: Sometimes patients have an asymmetrical nose either by birth or some accident. A nose job can make your distorted nose look very symmetric and aligned.
- Changes in the size of nostrils: Some people have very wide nostrils that you can look right into their nose, and some nostrils are too small. Rhinoplasty can correct this problem very easily
- Look much more attractive: You can make your face look more aesthetically pleasant by rhinoplasty by correcting any deformities. So many people have bumps on the middle of their nose making it look a little bit distorted. Others have crooked nose tips giving them a hook look appearance. All these can be easily corrected by rhinoplasty while preserving the natural features.
- Improved and easier Breathing: Some people have trouble breathing due to some nose structural factors. A deviated septum is one of the most common nasal asymmetries that can cause problems with breathing. Your surgeon can straighten the septum or central bone of the nose allowing patients to breathe easily and eventually helping them have an improved quality of life. After one to two months of the surgery, such patients can perform physical activities very easily and comfortably.
- Aids in Good Sleep: Sleep apnea is another condition treated by a rhinoplasty. Patients will get much better sleep after their rhinoplasty.
- Improved self-esteem: Any cosmetic surgery or aesthetic procedure will have you feeling much more confident in yourself. We live in a world, where no matter what they say, we are judged by our physical appearances. We never recommend anyone getting a nose job done due to social pressure but whenever you decide to get it for your sake, you will observe an improvement in your overall life quality and improved self-esteem.