Although, rhinoplasty has a high cost but it has become very popular among men and women who are not happy with their nose shape or size. A nose job is a very versatile procedure and it is even used to improve the function of the nose after some traumatic injury or some structural deformities that can affect breathing or sleep.
The ultimate goal of this surgery is to get the desired nose shape and architecture while proportionally aligning it with the face. So, rhinoplasty is an art and a science that gives patients their ideal nose. It can help in:
- Making your bulbous, crooked, upturned, and droopy nose look proportioned and straight
- Make your nostril look just right, not too narrow, not too wide
- Making your nose look bigger or smaller
- Make your nose bridge straight without any bumps or noticeable dips
Rhinoplasty Cost in Mumbai
Rhinoplasty cost in Mumbai varies from Rs 85000 to Rs 250000 depending on the surgeon’s expertise, hospital charges, and complexity of the procedure. Dr. Siddharth Prakash is a renowned Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon practicing at Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. He is an alumnus of KEM Hospital, Mumbai, and Harvard Medical School, Boston.
Do I need a rhinoplasty and is it worth the high cost?
You might need a rhinoplasty if you want to:
- Improve any birth defects in your nose
- Make your nose look better
- Treat deviated septum, a septum is the central hard part of the nose and it can get damaged due to some trauma or birth defect
- Repair broke or fractured nose
- Treat some breathing problems caused by some medical issues, or injuries
Type of Nasal Rhinoplasty
There are three types of rhinoplasties.
- Cosmetic: The surgery done for purely cosmetic reasons
- Functional: As the name shows, it is done to improve the function and form of the nose after getting medical treatments such as cancer or some injuries. It is also used to correct birth defects
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty: It involved the use of Botox or fillers to fill in any dips or grooves, or for the correction of any tiny bumps
You are in charge of your body and only you can decide what looks good and what does not. So, if you are getting this procedure done because someone else told you so, we advise you to not opt for it. Secondly, the candidates should be in perfect health, don’t have any history of smoking in the past month, and are fully grown up.
Consultation with the Surgeon
In your first meeting with the surgeon, you can ask all the questions and clear your confusion. Your doctor will explain everything to you and will give you realistic answers about results, risks, and options. He will examine your face closely and will take pictures. You can even show pictures of how you want your nose to look after the surgery.
How is the Surgery done?
Rhinoplasty, like most cosmetic procedures, takes a few hours and you can go home the same day. However, you won’t be able to drive yourself home due to anesthesia (you might get local anesthesia in which your nose will be numbed along with some sedatives or general anesthesia. You can get it done at your doctor’s clinic and might need a break from work for one week. However, you’ll need to stay away from the gym or any strenuous exercise for one month.