Outpatient rehabilitation treatment comprises several types of medical counseling programs hosted by a rehab treatment Chapters Recovery Center or a specialist on specified days of the week.
It aims at assisting an addict to see through a stress-free and effortless rehabilitation process.
Here, I shall make an explicit review of the outpatient rehab treatment for addicts. Also, you can get the most professional addiction treatment at Legacy Healing.
Difference between an Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab
The big difference between outpatient and inpatient treatment is that the latter offers programs of 24-hour treatment, which includes supervision, housing, feeding, and access to medical treatments.
On the other hand, outpatient treatment differs in scope, context, and duration, depending on the intensity of the situation. One could last for a week, one could be 3 days in a week. Also, there is room for access to medical care, but not on a full scale as the inpatient program.
A little more on that. Outpatient treatments are not usually expensive, although the factors considered are facilities, length, and level of care, location, insurance. As a matter of fact, they are not as expensive as inpatient treatment.
Moving on, there are several programs and counseling sessions on outpatient treatment sufficiently placed for an addict. They aim at:
- Educating on the individual dangers and effects of substance abuse.
- Creating adequate capacity and tactics for the addicts, to prevent excessive drug usage.
- Skill development on concepts such as communication, anger, stress and time management, financial education, and leisure.
- Family counseling sessions; a move to resolve family problems.
The Structure of the Program
A treatment plan is the first settlement. The documented plan contains your treatment goals. On this, the specialist asks certain questions to determine the issues surrounding your addiction. It could be about the medical history, family or legal problems, [un]employment, living standard and past treatment records.
The specialist then discusses the stipulations of the program. You will be encouraged to attend every session and follow the program. As mentioned earlier, every outpatient rehab program has different structures and schedules. It totally depends on your treatment level.
Available Outpatient Programs
- The Standard Outpatient Programs are less intensive. It doesn’t take long. They meet one or twice weekly for at least 1-2 hours. These programs do not need much medical engagement.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs just require about 9-20 hours weekly. They accommodate individual and group counseling, medical care, and 12-step meetings .Virtual IOP is an alternative for patients that want to do their treatment at home.
- Partial hospitalization programs often look like a full-based hospital setup, although they take place in the hospital. The treatments are mostly for critical addictions, about 7 days a week.
Outpati ent Program Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: helps in teaching coping skills to use to avoid relapses. It is frequently used in treating alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamine addictions.
- The Matrix Model: With approaches like the 12-step meetings, drug testing, relapse prevention, it is aimed at creating a positive relationship with the patient. It treats addictions to stimulants.
- Contingency Management: it offers motivations by giving out rewards and prizes for positive responses. It treats alcohol, stimulants, and marijuana.
- Family Therapy: sessions are usually held involving the addict and a close family member. Issues involving the family’s problems are discussed. The specialists aim to engage the family members in building positive goals.
- Motivational Interviewing: this helps in breaking down perspectives towards substance abuse. Likewise, it helps the addict work through resistance schemes and strategies against subsequent abuse. Works well for alcohol and marijuana addicts.
Most outpatient programs prescribe medications for use. Most medications are approved by the Food and Drug Agency of the country. Some are naltrexone, acamprosate, buprenorphine, methadone to mention a few.
visit here: Pii-email