One of the most significant problems affecting businesses in the United States is the lack of workers. The country just experienced a recent phenomenon known as the Great Resignation, in which millions of workers quit their jobs in search of new opportunities.
The reasons for the resignations vary, but many experts agree that it’s because people feel unfulfilled in their current positions and the current state of the economy.
Right now, every company is scrambling to hire these employees. Sadly, there isn’t enough for everyone. One way experts believe that companies can alleviate the lack of workers is by hiring overseas.
The State of Overseas Workers in the U.S.
There are around 30 million overseas workers in the country. Many contribute to the U.S. economy by working in various sectors, such as agriculture, construction, food service, healthcare, and manufacturing.
The Trump administration has recently placed several restrictions on hiring overseas workers. The hope is that these restrictions will spur businesses to hire more Americans.
However, the recent administration is finding ways to
The Pros of Hiring Overseas Workers
- Access to a Larger Pool of Candidates: When you hire overseas, you’re not just limited to candidates in your area or country. You can search the world for employees with the skills and capabilities to do the job correctly.
- Lower Wages: One of the benefits of hiring overseas workers is that they’re often willing to work for lower wages. This is because the cost of living in their home countries is often much lower than in the United States.
- Tap into New Markets: If you hire an overseas worker, you can tap into new markets. For example, if you hire a worker from China, you may be able to serve the Chinese market better.
To hire overseas workers, you’ll need to know a few things. The first is immigration laws.
The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) is the main body of law that governs immigration in the United States.
The INA covers various topics, such as visas, citizenship, employment, and deportation.
There are two types of visas that allow workers to come to the United States: H-1B and L-1
H-1B visas are for workers who have “specialty occupation” skills. It includes occupations such as doctors, engineers, and scientists.
L-1 visas are for workers who have “intracompany transfer” skills. This means that the company must have employed the worker for at least one year in the past three years.
You also need to learn about immigration bonds. When hiring an overseas worker, these bonds are essential if they ever get in trouble. For example, you might need to pay immigration bond if your employee gets into any legal trouble or if they try to run away. It’s certainly a problem that some businesses face when hiring workers outside the country.
One way to find and hire overseas workers is to use a third-party recruiter. A third-party recruiter is an independent company that helps businesses find employees.
There are many benefits of using a third-party recruiter, such as:
- You can focus on your business: When you use a third-party recruiter, you can focus on running your business. The recruiter will handle all the work associated with finding and hiring employees.
- Cost-effective: Hiring a full-time employee can be expensive. If you use a third-party recruiter, you only have to pay them when they find a qualified candidate.
- Access to global talent: Third-party recruiters have access to a worldwide talent pool. This means they can help you find candidates from all over the world.
A third-party recruiter can drastically reduce the time you need to hire overseas workers.
Social Media Account
Billions of people use social media worldwide, and some are looking for jobs.
To hire overseas workers, you need to have a social media presence. It will help you reach a larger pool of candidates.
You can use social media to post job openings, share company culture, and answer questions from potential employees. LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter are some of the most popular social media platforms for recruiting.
When using social media to recruit, it’s essential to be active and engaging. You should also consider using paid ads to reach a larger audience. These things will help you get the right applicants for your company.
There are many things to consider when hiring overseas workers. However, if you follow these tips, you’ll be on your way to finding the best employees for your business. In addition, it can help you fill empty positions that will take months to fill if you’re recruiting locally.