Travelling to Mumbai was one of the my dreams which came true last year. The following blog more or less is all about the places I visited and enjoyed to my fullest.
As we all know winter is almost nil in Mumbai, nil in sense that the weather feels to be more pleasant just like having rain in northern parts of India during the summer.
It might be because of the coastal influence.
And this is the very reason we chosed end of November for our visit to Mumbai.
Planning And Booking Process
We had already booked our NSN Hotel Lotus Grand Andheri as planned through NSNHotels website. So accordingly we checked in at NSN Hotel Lotus Grand Andheri and immediately went of to take look at the beautiful sea at Marine Drive.
It’s the perfect location to unwind and enjoy some romantic time with your partner while walking and watching the sunset colours reflect on the wide Arabian Sea.
Another great place to visit to have the same experience will be undoubtedly the Juhu Beach.
Another plus point is it very windy so you are bound to see the large beautiful waves that touches the beach.
The sun was almost down so went back to our hotel had our dinner and went off to bed.
A New Day
The next morning was as pleasant as it can be. The sun was shinning at it most with a mild tint of heat with it, birds were flocking around, the sound of the waves and last but not the least a very good mood that can enjoy it all.
We decided to head off towards the Red Carpet Wax Museum. Entry fees varies into two categories. If you visit the place in a Weekend then they will charge you 350 while on a Weekday it decreases to only 250.
We went on a Weekday so it was 250 each.
The Meuseum displays lifelike wax figures of celebrities across the world, from Barrack Obama to Michael Jackson with whom you can click selfies and enjoys the artists work.
Other places to visit in Mumbai are,
Places To Visit In Mumbai
- Haji Ali Dargah is one of the mystic place with a magnificent structure composed of white marbles which represents the Indo-Islamic architectural style.
- Siddhivinayak Temple provides an enriching spiritual experience where Lord Ganesha is carved out a single black stone with its trunk facing the right side making it unique.
- The Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus a UNESCO World Heritage Site representing the Victorian-Gothic architectural style. It glows heavily at the night time therefore a picture of your family with it is a must one.
- Kanheri Caves, previously home to Buddhist monks were cut out of basalt rock between the first and tenth centuries CE. Its entry fees is just 15 for Indians.
- Mumbai Film City spans roughly 100,000 square feet. You can take a bus tour and explore iconic sitcoms and movies with your friends and family.
- Madh Island contains Portuguese fort as well as beaches such as Aksa, Silver, Erangel, and Dana Pani which connects you to the farmlands and lovely fishing communities.
- Versova Beach is distinguished by its dry black and white sand where you can enjoy various water sports activities such as snorkeling, surfing, scuba diving etc.
- Hanging Gardens is another good place to hangout with your friends and family. The stunning water fountains, and lush green animal shaped hedges are great for fun filled photoshooting experience.
Plus the entry is completely free.
- Worli Sea Face has a magnificent view of the sea in the backdrop where you can walk along an spent a great time with your partner or friends or family.
- Taraporewala Aquarium includes coral fishes from the Lakshadweep Islands. This may be a really intriguing site for youngsters since it features aquatic creatures and animals that will both fascinate them and teach them about marine life.
- Veermata Jijabai Bhosale Zoo has elephants, lions, tigers, monkeys, crocodiles, unique birds, albino cows and flamingos, penguins etc. This is another fun place to visit for the children.
The entry fees for the family of four members 100 with 25 for each extra child.
Final Moments Of Our Trip To Mumbai
We reached the final day. We took a tour of all above places and enjoyed every bit of it.
The day ended with a good note, we had our dinner, chilled a bit and went to sleep.
The food was excellent and the staffs were very friendly.
So if you want can also check out their list of NSNHotels for Mumbai hotels in andheri and book one of them as per your convenience.