Many women stress about what to wear when the rainy seasons begin. It is more challenging if you don’t have several jackets in your wardrobe. You can’t deny the necessity of a good rain jacket, no matter the time of the year or your location.
Rain jackets are not a stable piece of clothing in many women’s wardrobes. But no one wants to get rained on when they can invest in simple, chic, and classic rain jackets for women. Rain jackets protect you against the harsh climate and help define your day’s outfit.
Rain jackets present an ideal solution for getting bundled up for gloomy weather. Many women struggle to find modern and functional rain jackets and end up picking just anything they see in the stores. The good news is that you can find contemporary pieces great for any occasion.
When we say rain jackets, these are lightweight, cool, sleek, and comfy designs you will like and even don to different occasions. But how do you find that rain jacket that keeps you stylishly dry? Keep reading to learn more.
What to Look for in the Best Rain Jacket?
Whether undertaking an activity of choice, commuting to work, exercising, or walking the dog, you will need a jacket for the rainy weather. Don’t just pick any jacket you find on the shelves. You need a design that will power you through any cold or shower.
When looking for the best rain jacket for women, here are essential features to consider:
Waterproof/Water-Resistant and Breathable Materials
There are different waterproof materials used to make rain jackets. Popular categories include:
- Coated Nylon Jackets– They are an excellent breathable choice for PVC raincoats. These jackets feature polyurethane coating applied on a layer of fabric to keep water out while still being breathable.
- Plastic or Rubberized Jackets– They are commonly made from PVC and are exceptional at repelling water. Though they are heavier than nylon, they are not breathable as they only allow water vapor to escape through the fabric. Sweat and water will probably accumulate on your plastic jackets.
- Gore-Tex– These jackets come from a stretched Teflon into a thin membrane to create a fabric that can resist water and is breathable. The design features a membrane-embedded beneath the jacket’s outer layer of nylon.
Rain jackets can be ultralight, midweight, and expedition weight. Each jacket weight option has its perks.
Expedition weight jackets can withstand all weather and terrain. Ultralight jackets are packable for a rainy day adventure.
Fit and Length
As you choose the best high-quality rain jackets, keep in mind your day’s outfit and activities. These factors will help determine the fit and length of your rain jackets.
Long-length jackets cover more of your body. If you live in an area where wind storms are common, longer-length jackets are a great choice.
For active adventures, a waist-length jacket will serve you better. It will allow you to move around and pack and wear easily. Ensure the jackets you pick fit over three layers of your clothing. Feel free to test the fit before you leave the shop and ensure everything fits a little loose and has room for the outfit you wear.
Consider the following as you choose your rain jackets:
- Pockets to add extra warmth to cold hands and safe storage.
- Zippers to secure items.
- High collar to give you protection against wind
- Hood for a simpler look and protection against wind and rain.
Try and accessories your rain jacket with rain boots for a stylish look and protection against the heavy downpour.
Women shouldn’t dread adding a rain jacket to their day’s outfit. It is just a way to protect yourself against harsh weather conditions, but you can make an elegant style statement with the designs you pick. So choose your rain jackets wisely.
Optimize the rain jacket properly with other accessories to accentuate your female figure. Always think outside the box. Do your homework and pick designs that will stand out from the crowd.