Foam board is principally used for constructing walls, cold storage, roof insulation, composite strip insulation, air conditioning, vehicles, ships heat insulation, decoration, floor heating, and sculpture. It has a wide range of uses. For more tips about foam board in home insulation Attic Clean 360
A Foam board is one of many boards, but many friends do not know it very well, and even question, can foam board is used as a board? Let’s take a look at the introduction and function of the foam board.
What is a foam board?
A plastic foam board is a branch of plastic foam material or plastic sheet. Or du said, it is the result of foam washing of plastic sheet or slab Dao foam plastic, generally divided into the following types:
Polyethylene foam board (EPE)
Usually, soft material is processed using butane or peroxide as a foaming agent or a sheet composite formed by first making a thinner EPE sheet. Then heat-sealing it and mainly used for buffer packaging and sound insulation, heat insulation, etc. Its expansion ratio is 20-30 times, which is a high-foaming material.
Polypropylene (PP) and ABS foam,
The foaming principle is the same as above. People are mainly used in automobiles, electrical appliances, and other fields.
It is generally used as the insulation layer of the building. It is usually placed outside the building, which can effectively isolate heat and ensure a constant room temperature. Also, the foam wall is cheap, effective, and widely used.
Polyvinyl chloride foam
Commonly, air about foamable element is added to the PVC board formula, and a plate-shaped profile formed by a T-shaped die is mainly used for foaming the core layer, and the foaming ratio is less than 15 terms. It is primarily used in various architectural design occasions.
What is the role of foam board?
- If the foam board is used in the building, it will protect the building’s main structure with extend the building’s service life. Because the insulation layer of the foam board is placed on the outside of the design, and then the system is not easily deformed
- It can also improve the damp condition of the building wall. Generally, indoor Insulation needs to be equipped with a vapor barrier.
Exterior insulation materials can make the temperature permeability far more robust than the building’s main structure. Also, no condensation occurs inside the wall,
3. Of course, this kind of board can also help maintain the indoor temperature’s stability. Since the structural layer with a greater hot storage capacity of the wall is on the wall’s inner side, it can maintain the room temperature’s strength very well.
It can also increase the house’s use area and avoid the possibility of damage to this building’s insulation layer due to secondary decoration.
What are the advantages of foam board?
- The quality is very light. The domestic stipulation that the bulk density of the foam board is 18-22kg/m3, while the European regulation is only 15kg/m3;
- Low thermal conductivity. The structure of the foam board filled with air pores hinders the spread of air so that its thermal conductivity is below 0.039w/(m·k);
- Recyclable. The degree of recycling of foam board is the highest among plastics.
What is the Disadvantage of foam board?
- The construction is troublesome. Before laying the foam board, it is necessary to hang the net, which is more cumbersome and will prolong the construction period;
- Poor strength. The foam board is prone to cracking, and the insulation layer falls off more commonly.
After all, you can use foam board in your home for Insulation.