A wrong mattress for your sleep style could be the reason for continued sleepless and restless nights. Not every mattress would suit your sleeping style. That is the reason, there are different mattresses designed for back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
To get a restful sleep, it is very important to identify your favorite sleep position and the mattress that is designed to offer you the best comfort in that position you must get an iSense mattress which is perfect for your comfort.
SFGate is the most trusted place to find the best mattress for your use. The website provides unbiased and authentic reviews about mattresses to make the best mattress buying decision.
Why It Is Important To Find The Right Mattress For A Good Sleep?
Here are a few interesting facts that show why it is necessary to invest in a good mattress for a good sleep:
- Due to inadequate support, around eighteen percent of people build acute musculoskeletal pain.
- 17 percent of people are adversely impacted by unsuitable temperature regulation. They find that the mattress either gets super cool or super-hot that in turn causes sleep interference.
- Around 15 percent of sleepers experience issues with the firmness of the mattress. Around 8 percent of people find that their mattress is very firm and 5 percent find that it is very soft.
What Mattress Is Ideal For Back Sleepers?
If you are a back sleeper, then here are a few considerations that you should keep in mind to select your next sleep surface:
- Back sleepers should avoid buying mattresses that are either very soft or very firm. This is because a very soft mattress can result in pelvic sinkage and can cause misalignment in the spine. On the other hand, a very firm mattress can cause an unnecessary push to the painful areas of the body.
- A majority of back sleepers suffer from snoring issues. In that case, sleeping in a reclined position will help prevent this issue. To get relief from snoring, back sleepers should choose a mattress with an adjustable bed base.
- Latex and memory foam are beneficial for back sleepers due to their property to effectively conform to the lower back and prevent the pelvis from excessive sinking.
What Mattress Is Ideal For Stomach Sleepers?
If you are a stomach sleeper, then you should consider the following factors when buying your next mattress.
- Stomach sleepers should go for a mattress that provides medium-level firmness to offer adequate support to the users. It will help in keeping the spine in a neutral position.
- Another important concern among stomach sleepers is that they start to feel hotter while sleeping than others. Due to this reason, buying a mattress that comes with improved cooling capabilities becomes essential.
- Innerspring and hybrid mattresses are ideal for stomach sleepers as these mattresses prevent the pelvis from sinking and the lower back from arching. A latex mattress is also a good consideration as it offers enhanced spinal support with a superior level of air circulation.
What Mattress Is Ideal For Side Sleepers?
- Side sleepers need a mattress that gives them outstanding conforming ability. By supporting your curves, the mattresses should lessen the pressure exerted on your shoulders, and hips. It also offers them enhanced support to the body that it requires the most.
- A side sleeper should not buy a very hard mattress or a very soft mattress. This is because the former will give no relief from mitigating pressure points, whereas a very soft one can lead to back pain in the body. It is important to look for a mattress that offers adequate support to maintain the right alignment of the spine in the body.
- For a side sleeper, a huggable mattress is an ideal mattress.
- They should ensure that the mattress they choose should be made with breathable fabrics and offer adequate air circulation and temperature regulation to expel unwanted heat from the body.
- Memory foam mattresses or latex mattresses would be ideal for them due to their remarkable pressure-relieving and conforming abilities.
Sleeping on an adequate mattress is very important for peaceful sleep. It can help prevent intense back pains, neck pain, insomnia, and overall discomfort throughout the night. Based on the sleeping position, refer to the above information to know what features you need to look for in your new mattress.