Sample Papers are a replica of the actual NID entrance exam papers and are prepared considering various factors like exam paper pattern, difficulty level, and the type of questions asked in the exam. NID Sample papers also help you understand how much time it takes for you to solve the entire paper.
Some key benefits of solving NID Sample Papers are as follows:
- Solving sample papers will give you a clear idea of the exam paper pattern, you will not be taken by surprise and be sufficiently prepared for the flow of questions in your NID Entrance Exam
- The sample papers help you understand the kind of topics that get covered in the exam paper. This will bring into focus those areas/topics of preparation for you that you have not given much weightage to
- The above 2 points will also help you understand your strengths and weakness w.r.t the exam paper. This will help you plan your exam, for eg you can solve questions from your strength areas faster and leave some spare time for the areas where you face difficulty
- Solving multiple papers also makes you confident of completing the exam on time. It is always recommended that you time your attempt of solving these sample papers, this will give you an idea of time management during your main exam attempt
- Most importantly solving sample papers increases your confidence before giving the main exam. Solving multiple sample papers exposes you to new challenges and difficulties which you can eventually master before the final attempt
- Sample papers are usually set on a little bit of a higher level of difficulty and complexity in terms of questions, this helps students perform better and makes them prepared for any unexpected or out-of-syllabus questions that may come
What is the exact pattern of the NID Entrance Exam Paper?
The NID entrance exam consists of a Design Aptitude Test (DAT), which is made of the DAT Prelims and DAT Mains. Students who clear the Prelims exam are shortlisted for the Mains exam. NID DAT (Prelims) will be conducted in the first week of January 2023 and NID DAT (Mains) will be conducted in April / May 2023. Candidates have to clear both exams to be eligible for admission to these programs. For final admission at NID, the weightage of marks obtained in DAT Prelims is 30% and in DAT Mains is 70%.
There is no specific pattern for questions in NID Entrance Exam papers, The pattern changes year on year. Hence solving past years’ papers may not be sufficient for your preparation. Our expert faculties at SILICA Institute curate sample papers every year after carefully studying the past 10 years’ patterns and adding on some unexpected questions that can appear in the upcoming exams.
Our faculties at SILICA who curate these papers are alumni of NID.
SILICA NID Sample Papers contain questions on Creative Aptitude as well as General Aptitude. Aspiring candidates can download these NID sample papers PDFs free of cost from the following link on the SILICA website: Download NID Sample Papers, This will be the best type of self-study, that a student can do to prepare themselves for the NID entrance exam.
SILICAs sample paper PDFs for NID M.Des DAT at the above link include questions from multiple disciplines such as Product Design, Transportation & Automobile Design, Furniture & Interior Design, Graphic Design, Animation Film Design, Interaction Design, Information Design, etc.